• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do you think surrey are the best club side in the world

chris.hinton

International Captain
This as got me thinking becasue they have 13 internationals and have won the County Championship and have a lot of depth in there squad

I think that they are the best followed by Western Australia and NSW

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
No matter how you try.....I know where this one's headed :P

Surrey are yes the best English county on present form......wether thats because of the players or the pitch is debatable.

chris.hinton

International Captain
I mean Players

Surrey (best xi)

M.Butcher
M.Ramperkash
I.Ward
A.Stewart
G.Thorpe
A.Brown
R.Clarke
A.Hollioake
A.Tudor
J.Ormond
S.Mushtaq

Plus
I.Salisbury
E.Giddins

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Yup...thats what i am saying, but there are plenty of people who will dispute that the success is because of the pitch (Oval) on which they play. It's a spinning track and at the same time helpful to batting :I

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Calling Ward, Brown, Clarke, Hollioake, Giddins, Ormond, Salisbury, and to an extent Ramprakash Internationals is stretching the definition just a little.

Not one of them has played an international for at least 12 months.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
The words "Red Rag" and "Bull" come to mind.

I can't repeat my opinion about this... Never heard of the Australian State Competitions?! And they wouldn't stand a chance in India or Pakistan either.

Anoop

U19 12th Man
Just think about Karnataka.. at one time they contributed 8 out of 12 Indian players.

Srinath,Dravid,Joshi,Prasad,Kumble all play for Karnataka..

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
are you all crazy

it is a 2 horse race between NSW and WA

NSW
Haddin
M Waugh
S Waugh
Bevan
Clarke
McGrath
MacGill
Lee
Lee

and WA
Hussey
Langer
Katich
Goodwin
Williams
Gilchrist
Campbell
North

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
nsw X1
slater
haddin
bevan
m waugh
s waugh
katich
s lee
b lee
macgill
clark
mcgrath

no one can beat that, that i stronger than a rest of australian side. queensland are stronger than wa though.
they have

hayden
maher
bichel
law
kasprowicz
dale
hauritz
symonds
seccombe
muller

they have all played for australia.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
yes i agree, nsw with there full side are unbeatable and too are qld. wa are up there but the best club side will definately come from nsw or qld i feel

chris.hinton

International Captain
Calling Ward, Brown, Clarke, Hollioake, Giddins, Ormond, Salisbury, and to an extent Ramprakash Internationals is stretching the definition just a little.

An "International" is someone who has played for there Country The Players Above have done so on more then 1 occasion

chris.hinton

International Captain

An "International" is someone who has played for there Country The Players Above have done so on more then 1 occasion