• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Inzi not good enough for Gavaskars XI?

magsi23

U19 Debutant
Its not just inzi the whole selection is wrong i beleive, Pollock and Smith captains? yeh right, they have left out so many other players who deserved to be in. as much as i was excited about this series, im really disapointed now.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
There is already a thread to discuss the super series but I share your sentiment on this CP

mirfan

Cricket Spectator
Inzi shud`ve been in the side.He deserved that his record over the last 12 months is exceptional.
I don`t think it is a fair selection.on what bases Sachin `s been selected.He might even nt been fit till the series.
If the selection is made for the record over the last 12 months then see that

LAST 12 MONTHS

Player-----------Mat-----------Runs-----------HS-----------BatAv-----------100-----------50
INZI--------------- 7 -------------721 -----------184----------- 65.54-----------3 -------------3
Sachin-----------9 -------------- 664-----------248*-----------55.33-----------1--------------4

Inzi has played less matches caze of less matches played by pakistan and he has faced the test match action quite recently while sachin has been out of the side due to that elbow injury for a while and have nt played much cricket of late and MOREOVER > THE SOLE CENTURY OF SACHIN DURING THAT PERIOD CAME AGAINST BANGLADESH.
SACHIN`s graph is dipping down while Inzi`s climbing high.
How can U justify Sachin instead of Inzi.I`s pure cheating.
Gavasker the head of the selection comettie have certainly given undue chance to Sachin IT WAS INZI`S RIGHT.

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
because Inzy is a fat c*nt :laugh:

on a more seriously note...yeah. the selection is a bit weird(pollock whaat) but hey, it happens. and he makes a list of players he thinks are good enough to play or he likes to see play.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
superkingdave said:
who would you leave out for Inzi then?
I have already put my squad in an earlier super series thread.

Will have to refer back.

EDIT : Would have to be Kallis. Brilliant record, specially recent but not the best player against Warne and not bowling as good as Flintoff currently.

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pratyush said:
EDIT : Would have to be Kallis. Brilliant record, specially recent but not the best player against Warne and not bowling as good as Flintoff currently.
But batting far better than Tendulkar...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Inzy shouldn't be in the test side. If it was picked on the last year or two Tendulkar would miss out in favour of Kallis, but Inzy still shouldn't make it. However, he should definately make the ODI side, ahead of Herschelle Gibbs at the least, and probably Sachin and Lara as well.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
marc71178 said:
But batting far better than Tendulkar...
Which is not the only criteria you think of when selecting a player 8-)

You think who is likely to score in a specific match or series. Tendulkar vs Australia or Kallis vs Australia? We differ on this and so be it.

C_C

International Captain
If it was picked on the last year or two Tendulkar would miss out in favour of Kallis, but Inzy still shouldn't make it.
if it were picked on the last 2 years, Kumble should also have been there instead of Vettori for the tests.

Beleg

International Regular
ask me and I'll tell you that I'll have Greame Hick out of retirement as the skipper of the team!

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
I m so disappointed the selectors have not selected Inzy. His record may be poor against them overall but recently he was injured in the tests and in the ODI's he played crucial innings making 5 50's in the VB series. He should have been in a squad atleast. Inzy always gets put down one level below great. It's such a shame. I've been a huge fan, and although he doesn't always fulfill expectations when he is in form he is as good as the best. I dare say if a batsmen of a similar calibare played for England I think he would have been selected but then again that is another matter.

venomous

Cricket Spectator
He's not picked b/c selection was done by bunch of ridiculous idiots, who are not even familiar with the a-b-c of cricket!...they have based their selection only on their prime priority which is *$$$$$$*....

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Yeah the only reason Afridi is in the squad is people will come and watch him. He doesn't deserve. Someone like Shoaib Malik does