Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: why wasim and waqar were accused of ball tempering?

Waqar during the Afro-Asian Cup :-

"It is being given a new name now. When we bowled it (during the 1992 tour of England), it was called ball tampering. Now that they have somebody to do it, bowlers like Flintoff and Jones, they are coming up with new words to glorify it."

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Waqar during the Afro-Asian Cup :-

"It is being given a new name now. When we bowled it (during the 1992 tour of England), it was called ball tampering. Now that they have somebody to do it, bowlers like Flintoff and Jones, they are coming up with new words to glorify it."
    well that is undisputable proof that they never tampered with the ball isnt it!!!!???
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

C_C
    well that is undisputable proof that they never tampered with the ball isnt it!!!!???
    And you mean to say that there is indisputable proof that Flintoff/Jones etc. dont tamper with the ball ?

Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    And you mean to say that there is indisputable proof that Flintoff/Jones etc. dont tamper with the ball ?
    Yes. The English cameramen don't show it

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Pretty hard to prove a negative like that. Innocent until proven guilty, m'lud?!

Actually probably the most famous case of a player caught ball-tampering involved an Englishman tho; dear old Mickey Atherton and his dirt filled pocket.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

well have you seen them do it?

C_C
    Pretty hard to prove a negative like that. Innocent until proven guilty, m'lud?!

Indeed. Would request the swervmeister to extend this to Akram and Younis as well.

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    well have you seen them do it?
    Have you seen Akram and Younis do it ?

Look- one thing i will make clear. I cant vouch for Waqar but i have personally talked to Akram and he gave me a few tips when i was a upitty teen pacer...met him multiple times actually.....he could move the ball around in more different ways and more deviation than the any pacer in the 300 wicket club barring Imran Khan. Him needing a bottle top is akin to Ayerton Senna needing driving aid.

Indeed. Would request the swervmeister to extend this to Akram and Younis as well.
    Well W&W 's bowling partner,the decidedly average Aqib was seen on TV in 92 messing with the ball. Waqar has also been filmed on the field of play scratching at the ball with his finger nails..former team mate Abdul Qadir said ball doctoring was happening in the Pakistan team when he was playing....and so on

Have you seen Akram and Younis do it ?

Look- one thing i will make clear. I cant vouch for Waqar but i have personally talked to Akram and he gave me a few tips when i was a upitty teen pacer...met him multiple times actually.....he could move the ball around in more different ways and more deviation than the any pacer in the 300 wicket club barring Imran Khan. Him needing a bottle top is akin to Ayerton Senna needing driving aid.
    well Akram was hardly going to tell some teenager to start messing with the ball was he!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    well Akram was hardly going to tell some teenager to start messing with the ball was he!!!
    Greg Matthew does...

But he's Mo Matthews, I guess...

C_C
    Well W&W 's bowling partner,the decidedly average Aqib was seen on TV in 92 messing with the ball. Waqar has also been filmed on the field of play scratching at the ball with his finger nails..former team mate Abdul Qadir said ball doctoring was happening in the Pakistan team when he was playing....and so on
    Well by that logic, Gough, Caddick et al. are ball tamperers because of Atherton's dirt in the pocket incident.

And you'd be surprised to find out just how many players scratch the ball or pick the seams in the name of 'taking the dirt out' - flintoff, harmison, jones etc. are no different.

The point is, he could do unbelievable things with a brand new ball without an iota of grooming it. Its just a case of sour grapes from english commentators who couldnt believe the things he was capable of doing.

Well by that logic, Gough, Caddick et al. are ball tamperers because of Atherton's dirt in the pocket incident.

And you'd be surprised to find out just how many players scratch the ball or pick the seams in the name of 'taking the dirt out' - flintoff, harmison, jones etc. are no different.

It wasnt just picking dirt, it was scatching at the ball.

so have you seen the English bowlers pick at the seam then CC?

C_C
    so have you seen the English bowlers pick at the seam then CC?
    Ofcourse !
    Havnt you ?
    I've seen every team pick the seams, even frickin Kenya.
    Just attend a few matches and pay attention to what the bowler does on his 'walkback' to his bowling marker.

And like i said, you'd be surprised to know what goes on in the name of picking the dirt.

At the end of the day, you have no proof or evidence against Wasim or Waqar and thus, by yer own logic, i dont need to have proof or evidence to accuse Jones or Flintoff for ball tampering.

Ofcourse !
    Havnt you ?
    I've seen every team pick the seams, even frickin Kenya.
    Just attend a few matches and pay attention to what the bowler does on his 'walkback' to his bowling marker.

And like i said, you'd be surprised to know what goes on in the name of picking the dirt.

At the end of the day, you have no proof or evidence against Wasim or Waqar and thus, by yer own logic, i dont need to have proof or evidence to accuse Jones or Flintoff for ball tampering.
    so despite TV evidence...that is no proof?

and no I havent seen the English bowlers picking the seam

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information