Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: why wasim and waqar were accused of ball tempering?

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    On the matter of ball-changing, I distinctly remember the ball being changed a few times in the 04 India vs Aus series (in India) because the ball lost it's shape quite easily....No one cried about ball-tampering then though.

Hmmm...I must say it's quite interesting how people can jump so easily on the Pakistani-bashing bandwagon with no evidence whatsoever. Can you imagine the uproar on the forum were someone to accuse England of ball-tampering? Yet, when allegations are made about Pakistan, it's just assumed that they must have been cheating...Some double standards here.
    Wait a second.
    Steds will soon come and call you an Al Qaeda member.....or Scaly Piscene will now come and call you a total tosser and a crank.....marc will refer to your racism by his obtuse refernce of you victimising 'white' teams..... or greg might just pop in and say you got some real bad hangover from the conolial era.....how dare you challenge the verdict that pakistan tampered with the ball, which is based on some commentators and tabloid journalists without an iota of understanding of reverse swing ?
    Dont you know that they are english and thus are always right ?

Blaze,

The event you talked about happened on the 1990 tour, when one of your bowlers, Pringle I think it was, admitted to tempering with the seams because 'ALLEGEDLY' Pakistanies were doing the same. He did get a boat-load of wickets at Faisalabad.

Hall of Fame Member honestbharani's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg
    Balls get frequently changed in ODI games because they become discoloured making it difficult for the batsmen to pick up the ball. It is why there are persistent suggestions to use two new balls or to change the ball at a set time in every one day match. Batsmen will often push for a change of ball because the ball has gone soft making it harder to get away, in the hope that it will be replaced by a harder, and therefore more hittable, one.

Why the ball was changed in the test match in 1990 is a mystery and will probably forever remain so.
    IF it was a mystery, then the ones who are saying that the Ws tampered with the ball are just speculating and as such, should just give it up, as it proves nothing. I have seen the red ball get dirty, in the test match against RSA last year, the ball got so dirty that they changed it after the 35th over. Anyways, what if the ball has gone out of shape? I mean, that doesn't happen ONLY to the white ball, does it?
    We miss you, Fardin. :(. RIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    In the end, I think it's so utterly, incomprehensibly boring. There is so much context behind each innings of cricket that dissecting statistics into these small samples is just worthless. No-one has ever been faced with the same situation in which they come out to bat as someone else. Ever.
    A cricket supporter forever

Member of CW Red and AAAS - Appreciating only the best.

Check out this awesome e-fed:

PWE Efed

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    For some reason the red ball didn't seem to get dirty the same way a white one does.

Funny that, and the entire reason why your attempts to make me look silly have backfired, yet again Richard.
    but the ball may get out of shape?

Quote Originally Posted by Beleg
    Blaze,

The event you talked about happened on the 1990 tour, when one of your bowlers, Pringle I think it was, admitted to tempering with the seams because 'ALLEGEDLY' Pakistanies were doing the same. He did get a boat-load of wickets at Faisalabad.
    On that note, I have to add what guys like Boycott have said on the issue, that lifting the seam was a common thing in English county cricket back in the old days, with not much television and stuff.

u know C_C, I can relate to most of the things u say.
    Code:
    CW CRICKET - May 2009
    FC
    M      I     NO    Runs      Avg      Ct      50s      100s      HS
    83    157   8      4237    28.44      79      22         4       169*

O     W    Avg   SR
    45    18   18.7  27

List - A
    M      I      Runs      Avg      Ct    50s    100s      HS
    179   174    5828      37.84     67    48     3        121

OD
    M      I      Runs      Avg    Ct      50s      100s      HS    SR
    27    24     716      35.80    15      6         0       71*   74.58

International 12th Man
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Wait a second.
    Steds will soon come and call you an Al Qaeda member.....or Scaly Piscene will now come and call you a total tosser and a crank.....marc will refer to your racism by his obtuse refernce of you victimising 'white' teams..... or greg might just pop in and say you got some real bad hangover from the conolial era.....how dare you challenge the verdict that pakistan tampered with the ball, which is based on some commentators and tabloid journalists without an iota of understanding of reverse swing ?
    No that's your imagination and I'd appreciate it if you'd withdraw such accusations. Just because somebody has got into long and heated arguments with you over your use of statistics and your decrying of anyone who forms opinions based on something other than statistics doesn't mean that they have questioned your motivation.

C_C
    No that's your imagination and I'd appreciate it if you'd withdraw such accusations. Just because somebody has got into long and heated arguments with you over your use of statistics and your decrying of anyone who forms opinions based on something other than statistics doesn't mean that they have questioned your motivation.

Correct me if i am wrong but you did allude to the British Raj and my alleged hangups over it.

International 12th Man
    Correct me if i am wrong but you did allude to the British Raj and my alleged hangups over it.
    No that was someone else, I'm afraid. I wasn't even aware you were from India until recently. Bit difficult to tell when you put "location:World".

U19 Debutant
    Wait a second.
    Hey CC you are "spot on" my friend ..... of course I am sure you recognize that all these people are also "In Denial"(An unconscious defense mechanism characterized by refusal to acknowledge painful realities, thoughts, or feelings)

C_C
    No that was someone else, I'm afraid. I wasn't even aware you were from India until recently. Bit difficult to tell when you put "location:World".
    Actually i apologise. It wasnt you, it was Mr Pedro Delgado. Please accept my apologies- it gets a bit hard to keep track of who threw what abuse about my racist inclinations, historical hangups, terroristic affiliations etc.

PS: I am from Canada.

International 12th Man
    Actually i apologise. It wasnt you, it was Mr Pedro Delgado. Please accept my apologies- it gets a bit hard to keep track of who threw what abuse about my racist inclinations, historical hangups, terroristic affiliations etc.

PS: I am from Canada .
    Well there we are then. I guessed America.

EDIT: Of course I couldn't instinctively have you down as an Indian from India. You rate the present India team way too highly for that!
    Last edited by greg; 17-09-2005 at 02:16 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information