• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you could get any first class player in your club who whould it be

Chubb

International Regular
Andy Blignaut. Not sure if he'd like living in a tiny village in the middle of the Devon backwoods though.

Becuase our ground is very small and he'd smack huge sixes all over the place, and his bowling would be far too quick for E Division East of the Devon League (the lowest possible 1st team league in the county). And he's a Zimbabwean. I would have a kiwi but I fulfill that role in our side.

Last edited:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Freddie Flintoff would fit perfectly into my school team - we're short of an all-rounder at the moment, and I'm sure he'd be good for morale.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
Simon Jones as a batsman. Happily bats last, although he's quite a good tail-ender batsman and deserves a promotion. We're always having trouble finding out who will bat at No. 11

Barney Rubble

International Coach
tassietiger said:
Simon Jones as a batsman. Happily bats last, although he's quite a good tail-ender batsman and deserves a promotion. We're always having trouble finding out who will bat at No. 11
I think the fact that he bats 11 is more to do with Hoggard's resilience and Harmison's natural ability than anything else - Jones doesn't have a lot of natural ability (although his cover drive is very handy), but he can't resist a swing if it's in the slot - you only have to look at a couple of his dismissals this summer to know that he's a bit of a have-a-go hero, whereas Harmison just bats as if he's playing OD cricket, as opposed to slogging like Jones.

But if you're going to have a no11 in your club side, he might as well be a Test match quick bowler eh? :D

cricket player

International Debutant
marc71178 said:
Bob for me.

A combination of Dravid and Vettori would be awesome!
Marc trust be you wont be disappointed :happy:
Send me two or one down and give me bowling with the old bowl I will keep it tigh and wont give any runs away,

You would have a one hell of a all rounder, :)

Tom Halsey

International Coach
If you mean our club's First XI, we really don't need another batsman with the Prowting brothers (Nick has been in England U-19 squads, and Chris played for England U-17s when he was 15 IIRC), we really need a spinner. So I'd say Warne.

If you mean the team I play in, the Second XI, then we need batsmen, regular collapses this season. So Tendulkar would do nicely.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
dro87 said:
Same as the title....

For me it would be Murali or Flintoff
well you cant have either because they are Lancashire blokes :p , but if i were to look around the world i might want Lara :D