• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Super Series

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
luckyeddie said:
On his day, Cork was better than Sobers.

Unfortunately, one day does not a world-class performer make.
I agree but Kumble has bowled consistently well during his career- 300+ test wickets can't be made in a series

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
55 games - but how many of them are in the last 5 years?

1 or 2 games a year (if he even plays that) is not "playing domestic cricket"

And a 3 day practise game - that's really going to show a lot isn't it - it's not even going to be a competitive game!
hoo bloody ray he finaly got the point,god this bloke is like the dog with a bone,even when he is wrong he is right,even when the facts are in front of him he tries to change the whole thing around,i wonder why he argues with so many people on this thread.
I will bet a million doallrs marc is not born in england,if so his ma and pa were not,2 million...

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Deja moo said:
Yeah, I know about the match fixing cloud and all, but nothings been proven in his case.
Nothing ever DOES get proven in India dont you know.

Something to do with real massive brooms and humongous sized carpets I am told :sleep:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I didnt go through this thread till this morning. Super series didnt interest me nor did anything written or said about it.

Thank God for a lazy saturday at Daman. I would have missed this hilarious stuff. Its a riot.

Smith is the next Brian Johnston and thats the biggest compliment I can pay to an entertaining cricket writer. GREAT. Words fail me.

I went through all those bits quoted in different posts before I came across the link to the article. It was a repitition except for this.

It was quoted by someone in the thread...
Saw Michael Vaughan at the airport, carrying a banner reading 'At least I could beat Australia'.Bit over the top, but there you go.

Well it has to be read in conjunction with a bit that comes before and a bit that comes after. Here it is.

Another poor start to the day. Woke up at four to a commotion outside, and opened up to find some rather rude words painted onto my door. I read them to Minki, and she was really upset too. Rushed down the corridor to catch the person responsible, but when I got to the lift, the only person there was Michael Vaughan, who's staying in the same hotel as us. He said he was going for a walk, and hadn't seen anything.

Saw Michael Vaughan at the airport, carrying a banner reading 'At least I could beat Australia'. Bit over the top, but there you go. The writing on the banner looked a bit familiar — sure I'd seen it somewhere before.

GREAT !!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
jlo33692 said:
hoo bloody ray he finaly got the point,god this bloke is like the dog with a bone,even when he is wrong he is right,even when the facts are in front of him he tries to change the whole thing around,i wonder why he argues with so many people on this thread.
I will bet a million doallrs marc is not born in england,if so his ma and pa were not,2 million...
We make allowances for Marc, on account of the fact that he supports Coventry City.

greg

International Debutant
SJS said:
I didnt go through this thread till this morning. Super series didnt interest me nor did anything written or said about it.

Thank God for a lazy saturday at Daman. I would have missed this hilarious stuff. Its a riot.

Smith is the next Brian Johnston and thats the biggest compliment I can pay to an entertaining cricket writer. GREAT. Words fail me.
The writer's name is not Smith, it's Dan Nicholl 8-)