• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which players would you like to be thrown out of Australian side?

Gillchrist? .. can't catch, his footwork is extremely poor, probably coz of age.

Hayden..... wonder what happened to slater, Hyden might strike back but don't see him lasting much longer.

Jason.... if he gets Bagladesh nationality he might then get into their "b " side.

Mcgill (though age is not on his side) should be recalled and bracken should be given a chance.Overall youngsters should be given a chance into OZ side.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I am actualy getting pretty fed up of people wanting Gilchrist out the australian side. He has been a wonderfull player and he still is a wonderfull player. He has been put under a lot of pressure from flintoff especialy and he has had 3 poor test but too suggest he is past it from this series so far is just obsurd. I am sure he will bounce back and despite being English im actualy looking forward too it even if it is in this series

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
The idea of dropping the best keeper-batsman the world has ever seen for what is basically one poor test (remember he made a decent score at Edgbaston and caught extemely well, and a century in the last ODI) is absolutely laughable. Given that he has already scored three centuries this year in just seven tests, I don't think his footwork is that different to what it used to be either.

Hayden will be picked again in the next two tests, as he's got a few starts this series and just looks out of form. If his form doesn't pick up by the end of the series, I expect he will play in the Super Series and, barring something remarkable there, be dropped during the next Australian summer for either Hussey or Jaques.

Gillespie will be dropped immediately, and won't be picked in the next test in favour of either Kasprowicz or Tait.

Dropping either of the other two, particularly Gilchrist, would be an overreaction.

PY

International Coach
If Gilchrist gets dropped, I'll laugh all the way to the supermarket to buy some champagne to celebrate another set of selectors showing new levels of stupidity. :D

In fact, as an Englishman I'd like him to be dropped please. :p

Pothas

As regards the whole side it is clear that it wont remain for much longer and of course the waugh brothers are already long gone. How quickly this great side is finaly dismanteled i think largely depends on the outcome of this series. Depending on your point of view a win in the ashes could cover up the fact the side is aging and should be changed or if England win it could lead too them getting rid of players too quickly

Pothas

PY said:
If Gilchrist gets dropped, I'll laugh all the way to the supermarket to buy some champagne to celebrate another set of selectors showing new levels of stupidity. :D

In fact, as an Englishman I'd like him to be dropped please. :p

It would be amazing and of course wont happen but i wouldnt actualy welcome it, the game is much better of with gilchrist playing

cricket player

International Debutant
He wont be dropped are you guys out of your little minds?

In no way will the australian selectors drop gilchrist he is a phenomenal player.

Pothas

no one has actualy said he will be it is just quite a few iditotic people say he should be

cricket player said:
He wont be dropped are you guys out of your little minds?

In no way will the australian selectors drop gilchrist he is a phenomenal player.
NO doubt that Gilli has been a great player( though i always thought he was better with bat than with the gloves) but i think his performance is getting effected coz of age. Maybe i'm wrong about that, maybe the picture will get clear in few more matches

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
NO doubt that Gilli has been a great player( though i always thought he was better with bat than with the gloves) but i think his performance is getting effected coz of age. Maybe i'm wrong about that, maybe the picture will get clear in few more matches
mate it isn't the first time Gilchrist has gone through a bad run with the bat in Test check India 2001 & India 2003/04 to 1st Test SRI 2004. Plus its Flintoff's round the wicket tactic alone that has troubled him taided by this reverse swing, many other bowlers in world cricket have tried to cramp him by going around the wicket but they haven't been that successful its just Freddie.

Plus other than the sub-continent (mainly India & Pakistan) & over here he wont be faced with so much reverse swing, methinks gilly will be ok :)

dinu23

International Debutant
Gilchrist and Hayden won't be dropped that easily, not sure about Gillespie though.
But I think the Aussie selectors better start fininding replacements for some of the aging players in the side.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Yeah and Gilchrist should be replaced by MS Dhoni, the new Gilchrist. :laugh:

howardj

International Coach
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Gillchrist? .. can't catch, his footwork is extremely poor, probably coz of age.

Hayden..... wonder what happened to slater, Hyden might strike back but don't see him lasting much longer.

Jason.... if he gets Bagladesh nationality he might then get into their "b " side.

Mcgill (though age is not on his side) should be recalled and bracken should be given a chance.Overall youngsters should be given a chance into OZ side.
Oh dear.

When it comes to cricket, there's not much upstairs, is there mate?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Anyone saying to drop Gilchrist can shove their head in a blender.

Drop Gillespie for Kasper, and maybe Katich. Other than that, we`re invincible. =)

Natman20

International Debutant
I would like to see

Adam Gilchrist
Ricky Ponting
Glen McGrath
Brett Lee

out for the series against NZ later this year

Last edited:

Steulen

International Regular
Natman20 said:
I would like to see

Shane Warne
Adam Gilchrist
Ricky Ponting
Glen McGrath
Brett Lee

out for the series against NZ later this year
Errmm...dude. Years are actually counted upwards, not back. So 'later this year' means we're moving towards 2006, not going back to 2004.

Or is it the other way around in the Southern hemisphere?

howardj

International Coach
Steulen said:
Errmm...dude. Years are actually counted upwards, not back. So 'later this year' means we're moving towards 2006, not going back to 2004.

Or is it the other way around in the Southern hemisphere?
Errmm dude, I think he means the Chappell/Hadlee Trophy in December this year. :)