• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Backyard Match

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Currently in the middle of a finely balanced 1v1 10 wickets match...
the area behind the bowling mark isn't long enough for my normal pace deliveries so i'm constricted to bowling off spin(which i bowl around the wicket)...the opponent is bowling medium pace leg spinners...

After winning the toss and choosing to bowl first, i clean bowled my opponent on the third ball but sportingly allowed him to stay in. 8 runs were scored in two fours before bowling him out again (8/1-0/0)
I managed a quite frankly poor 6 runs off three balls after i put the ball into the hedge where it was never found, making me out. (8v1-6v1)
I then managed to bowl my opponent out again after he made 14 runs. (22v2-6v1)
Facing my first ball, a ball came down about 2 foot down legside and fairly short which i promptly missed and watched in horror and it rolled onto the stumps. (22v2-6v2)
I then managed to bowl a great slider that bowled him out first ball in return. (22v3-6v2)
------------------
Without describing every wicket...the match was finely poised at 64/5 and 68/5 when my opponent managed to hit 80 runs in one go to go sailing into the lead at 144/6.
I made a brief comeback of about 15 runs before falling caught and bowled to the short one asking to be hit. Another stupid dismissal came when i hit a rubbish ball into a neighbour's garden.
More runs were added to take the score to 180/9 whereas i was still down at 98/8.
Currently-when bad light stopped play i have managed to get the score up to 138/8 with my first real good knock of the game. Tomorrow should create a result in this close contest.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`ll choose this thread.

Yesterday, nine of us played at Eastwood, on a proper cricket ground and all. Absolutely brilliant. It was an individual thing, ie no teams. I scored (in order) 29, 21, 21, 10 and 49. I don`t know my bowling figures, but bowled eight overs and took at least one wicket in seven of them.

It was so great batting. All of us can have our moments cricket-wise, execpt my best mate who is playing fourths and won`t be far off NSW in the future. He got me out twice, both caught and bowled, but I played him pretty well. Amongst my best shots was an on-drive off him for four, easily my best timed shot ever. When I was on 43, I hit the sweetest drive all the way for 6. Forgetting that section was six and out because of the bush, I yelled in despair. :p Almost a 50 I tells ya.

It was a great day, and we`re all going there again tomorrow, even in 40degree heat.

Josh

International Regular
My backyard is all concrete - just doesn't have the same appeal. Too easy. Need the clumps of weed on the pitch.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
We played there again, it`s absolutely brilliant. How good are backyard cricket and park cricket games?! I don`t know why I said we play on a proper cricket ground, because we don`t, we play on three adjoining basketball courts, I`ll draw a diagram in paint later.

There were four of us, and you faced the other three guys to get your runs, and if you got out it was -5. Player profiles:
Daniel - RHB RF - Insanely good batsman and bowler, bowls ridiculously quick, always hitting the top of off.
Nath - LHB RFM - Pretty good batsman, never seems to get out much but has trouble scoring runs quickly. Easily the second best bowler behind Daniel.
Vish - LHB RMF - Unorthodox batting style, but strong on the on-side. Bowling is good when on a full length, but can get too short and wide.
Abhinav - RHB RMF - Huge hitter, plays alongside me in seconds and hits it harder than anyone I know, honestly. Problem is he is too aggressive, and that is his undoing. Is on the slowish side of MF, and doesn`t do heaps with the ball.

Abhinav batted first and made -5 at a RR of -1.67, he really suffered against Daniel (fourths really good guy). He got 1 off my over, I got him out with a slower ball on my last ball.
Vish batted next, and he absolutely belted me, even the good deliveries he middled. I was outplayed, but Abhinav held his own against him, and Daniel is always good. He made 9.
Nath (me) batted third, and I thought I did heaps well. I smacked Abs and Vish, but then Daniel bowled the last over. I blocked all of the first five deliveries, not wanting the -5. I then ran a cheap single off the last to take me to 21.
Daniel batted last, and the light was fading quickly. If not for the poor light and Vish`s incredible bowling, he would`ve won by 10. Abhinav bowled pretty well, I bowled badly but got a wicket and then Vish bowled. Daniel only got 2 runs off the over, but that took him to 22, and the win.

Great game, though I was dissapointed not to win. Drawy time!

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone

Over the fence and in the bush is six and out also, but where it says six and out in blue means if you hit the fence on the full as well you`re gone, to simulate slips.