• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dream team

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
honestbharani said:
Langer
Sehwag
Ponting
Lara
Dravid
Flintoff
Gilchrist
McGrath
Harmison
Murali
Warne
Geez, McGrath would absolutely love you for batting him so high...

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
SJS said:
This is a very difficult excercise particularly for those like the members of this forum who are so new to it. So I can understand why there are so many unworthy choices :sleep:

I decided to develop a scientific, objective and unbiased criteria and then chose from the current crop of players based on how they fitted the criteria.

There were three basic criteria of which one was absolutely critical. This is the team I came up with in batting order.

1. Gambhir
2. Akaash Chopra
3. Sehwag
4. Younis Khan
5. Inzemaam (doubtful qualification)
6. Shoaib Malik
7. Harbhajan Singh
8. Shoaib Akhtar
9. Sarandeep Singh
10. Ashish Nehra

12th Man : RS Sodhi

As can be seen this wonderful team has no wicket keeper. Also with Inzemaam being a doubtful qualifier I could not put him as captain. I wanted also for captain someone with the most impeccable credentials as captain but try as hard as I may, I failed to find the missing man from the current crop of international cricketers.

Just as I was about to give up, I realised there was someone right under my nose, litrally, who qualified perfectly but hadnt played international cricket through no fault of his own I assure you. So Idecided to have a debutant captain who would also keep wickets. His name ? >>>> SJS :sleep:
i'd be intrigued to know what your logic was SJS.

Was part of the criteria something stupid like you can't have the initials SW or AF?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Slats4ever said:
i'd be intrigued to know what your logic was SJS.

Was part of the criteria something stupid like you can't have the initials SW or AF?
Come on ! Whats the most objective criteria of cricket fans ??

Why is Sachin God to one group and the most over rated "Thing" ever since McDonalds ?

Why is Ganguly God, Prince, Maharaja, etc etc in West Bengal and the beggar to beat all arrogant unworthy beggars to most others ?

Dont get it ??

Okay. I put the first criteria which you had to pass to be eligible and it was the language you called your mother tongue. Only if Punjabi is the answer, you could get a peep into the team.

Two was the colour of skin. Anything too light or too dark got you eliminated.

Three was the place you originated from. Proximity to Delhi was the criteria. (As you can see those who got a perfect ten on this made it quite easily)

Fourth was the religion. I am no rascist as so many have sworn here before me. But I am a God fearing man and my God is a Sikh God Those who were blessed by the same God were strong contenders for leading the side.

The captain, once we hit upon his name was a perfect TEN on all counts alongwith Sarandeep Singh but Sarandeep lost out on account of being not in the good books of the selectors.

:sleep:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Oh yes. Inzy is a doubtful qualifier since the selectors are not sure if his mother tongue is Punjabi or Multani ( a dialect which comes down from Punjabi)

Shoaib

Banned
SJS said:
Oh yes. Inzy is a doubtful qualifier since the selectors are not sure if his mother tongue is Punjabi or Multani ( a dialect which comes down from Punjabi)
Who the hell told u that his language is not Punjabi?By the way,there is no language called "Multani".

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Truly one of the most unbiased and skillful teams of all time picked by SJS, the aussies and for that matter the world XI wouldn't stand a chance. By the way what was wrong with including some bengalis to boost the team?

Beleg

International Regular
You are offending the 'Saraiki' brethen out there. ;)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
FaaipDeOiad said:
Bond has to do it post-injury against someone other than Zimbabwe first. If he's bowling like he was back around 2002-2003 though, I'd also be inclined to pick him.
Except we're talking Tests, and his Test record is decidedly dodgy when you analyse it.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Such a strong team he can afford to play 10!
Marc !!
You have offended me terribly :@

This team is SO strong because of its eleventh member who is also the skipper.

I am more mad than your avatar :mad:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Shoaib said:
Who the hell told u that his language is not Punjabi?
No one the hell told me. Since I had had not had the 'pleasure' of meeting your delightful self. That's why I was doubtful.

Shoaib said:
By the way,there is no language called "Multani".
Dialect is spelt D , I, A, L, E , C and T.

LANGUAGE has only three letters out of eight in common with dialect. :)

Ever heard this dialogue

"Manmohana we Manmohana, Asadha Kashmir devna, na devna ?"

" Vanj, vanj. Nahi denvda. Kashmir tere pioo da ae? Tusaan mul giddha ae ?"

Want to know how it would sound in Punjabi ? :D

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Run like Inzy said:
Truly one of the most unbiased and skillful teams of all time picked by SJS, the aussies and for that matter the world XI wouldn't stand a chance. By the way what was wrong with including some bengalis to boost the team?
Because they are further away from Delhi (the skipper's birth place).

Because they cant mouth four letter words in the language in which they were meant by God to be mouthed. Ever met a Punjabi taxi driver or a Punjabi truck driver. They dont take of there shirts. They let off a volley of the choicest. :D