Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57

Thread: Warne - The allrounder of the ashes so far??

  1. #16
    International Captain Swervy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Posts
    7,361
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Whoops your right, I did miss mentioning Flintoffs extra 50, but if you'd read carefully you'd notice I did mention Flintoff has taken 1 more catch.

    Overall a fair argument....although IMO I still maintain Warne has had a slight edge in the allrounder stakes in THIS series so far. However I do expect Flintoff to nudge a head as the remaining 2 tests are played. We will have to wait and see
    oh zinzan..you are trying to find any way to belittle Flintoff arent you,after you implied a while ago that Oram was better than him
    rave down, hit the ground


    MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

  2. #17
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,205
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    but if you'd read carefully you'd notice I did mention Flintoff has taken 1 more catch.
    So you did. My turn to say "whoops"

  3. #18
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    oh zinzan..you are trying to find any way to belittle Flintoff arent you,after you implied a while ago that Oram was better than him
    My old mate Swervy....You probably conveniently didn't notice when I recently raved about Flintoff's brilliant perfomance after the 2nd test. I do call it as I see.it.

    But can you honestly say that I'm all THAT far off the mark suggesting that theres a good argument to say Warne's out-allroundered (if there such a word ) Flintoff in THIS series so far??

  4. #19
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,433
    if glenn mcgrath does manage to get out at some point this series, in terms of averages only he might just be the best all rounder in the series.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!


  5. #20
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,081
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyeddie
    I'm not sure whether or not the object of this thread is for Warne to show Flintoff up

    Looking at the person who started it, I'd say that's the sole intention.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  6. #21
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Instead of just replying with silly illustrations, why don't you actually put up in argument if you disagree??
    Well the difference is that due to Freddie's allround performance England actually won the second test and if it were not raining at Manchaster, they would have been 2-1 whereas Warnie's allround performance wasn't enough to save the test.

  7. #22
    Banned Blaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,124
    Yea Warne has been on fire and looking at certain english people on the board they can't accept that Warne has slightly outplayed Flintoff up to this point.

    Both have played exceptional cricket but if the series was to end after the third test then Warne would be the all rounder of the series.

    I would expect Flintoff to be on top by the end of the summer though.

  8. #23
    Cricket Web Staff Member luckyeddie's Avatar
    Target Champion! Stuarts Xtreme Skateboarding Champion!
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Derby, England
    Posts
    17,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    Yea Warne has been on fire and looking at certain english people on the board they can't accept that Warne has slightly outplayed Flintoff up to this point.

    Both have played exceptional cricket but if the series was to end after the third test then Warne would be the all rounder of the series.

    I would expect Flintoff to be on top by the end of the summer though.
    I can - I make no secret of my admiration for the guy, and believe you me, I was gutted for him when he blew his chance of a test match ton.
    Nigel Clough's Black and White Army, beating Forest away with 10 men

  9. #24
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,081
    I don't think anyone is doubting the pure figures (although the assertion that Flintoff got lucky runs, but no mention of Warne's luck is interesting)

    The reason people are taking this with a pinch of salt is because of who started the thread and his long-term anti-Flintoff stance.

  10. #25
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,960
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    if glenn mcgrath does manage to get out at some point this series, in terms of averages only he might just be the best all rounder in the series.
    Obviously there is a difference TEC. For a start Warne has had both MORE runs at a better average than Flintoff in the series to date and has no notouts....Not to mention his better bowling figures

  11. #26
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,960
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I don't think anyone is doubting the pure figures (although the assertion that Flintoff got lucky runs, but no mention of Warne's luck is interesting)

    The reason people are taking this with a pinch of salt is because of who started the thread and his long-term anti-Flintoff stance.
    There's no pleasing you is there Marc. Unless I say Flintoff is the best allrounder that has ever played the game I doubt you'll be happy. Like swervy, you conveniently ignore it when i do praise Flintoff.....ie after the 2nd test when I raved about his performance.

    Can you honestly say I'm that far off the mark in suggesting Warne may have had the better allround series to date?????

    That is when you consider he's scored more runs in the same amount of innings at a better average as well as taken more wickets at a better average.

    I'm not for a moment suggesting that Warne is a better allrounder - that would be a crazy call to make. I also think Flintoff has been outstanding in the series so far. What I am saying is that there is a good argument that Warne has had a better allrounder series than Flintoff up to now.

  12. #27
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,960
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I don't think anyone is doubting the pure figures (although the assertion that Flintoff got lucky runs, but no mention of Warne's luck is interesting)

    The reason people are taking this with a pinch of salt is because of who started the thread and his long-term anti-Flintoff stance.
    Where did I state Flintoff got lucky runs??????

  13. #28
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Zinzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    cover point
    Posts
    25,960
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    I don't think anyone is doubting the pure figures (although the assertion that Flintoff got lucky runs, but no mention of Warne's luck is interesting)

    The reason people are taking this with a pinch of salt is because of who started the thread and his long-term anti-Flintoff stance.
    Yes Drama Queen ...Thats why i've always included him in my world oneday XI isn't it. I do apologise that I don't share the same affection that you obviously do for Flintoff. The way you carry on anyone would think I send him hatemail or something.

    The fact remains that about 12 months ago I thought Flintoff was an outstanding oneday player but a very overated test player and I wrote threads and made comments along those lines.
    In the last 6 months, particularly in this current series I've acknowledged on at least 3 occasions that Flintoff is quickly proving me wrong and is really standing up as a top allrounder in the long version of the game.

    I'm so sorry marc that I call things the way I see things

    I'm still waiting for YOUR argument as to how I'm so off the mark with this thread?????

  14. #29
    International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    not far away from you
    Posts
    14,433
    Quote Originally Posted by zinzan12
    Obviously there is a difference TEC. For a start Warne has had both MORE runs at a better average than Flintoff in the series to date and has no notouts....Not to mention his better bowling figures
    yes everyone knows that warne has been performing well with both bat and ball this series. but i fail to understand your point in this entire thing.
    either you're a bit slow, and it took you a while to realise that warne has been australias best batter and bowler all series, or for the 2nd time during this series you're trying to belittle flintoff as much as possible while you get the chance.

  15. #30
    International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,043
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    yes everyone knows that warne has been performing well with both bat and ball this series. but i fail to understand your point in this entire thing.
    either you're a bit slow, and it took you a while to realise that warne has been australias best batter and bowler all series, or for the 2nd time during this series you're trying to belittle flintoff as much as possible while you get the chance.
    Warne is the most consistent aussie batsman in this series to date... Ponting, however has been australia's best batsman of this series so far.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Murali bowling with a astraight arm
    By pontingrulz in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 15-05-2005, 02:29 PM
  2. Pre-Season Trade Discussion
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 29-01-2005, 07:30 PM
  3. Follow on: to enforce or not?
    By thirdslip in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-08-2004, 09:09 AM
  4. when warne bowled adam hollioke ashes 97
    By Shane Warne in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2004, 04:58 AM
  5. 16 Reasons Why Murali Is Better Than Warne
    By a massive zebra in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 27-02-2004, 07:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •