• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ICC Champions Trophy in Sri Lanka

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
There's no certainty in cricket.
Yup. I must confess that that's why I continue to watch/follow the game :)

And how on earth can you be sure of any predictions where India or Pakistan (or WI or Zim) are concerned :O

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The only time they can possibly meet is the final, meaning one of them has to beat Australia and the other has to beat South Africa.

With the turmoil going on, I can't see Pakistan making it out of the group - don't forget that Sri Lanka are at home, and if the batting line-up is anything like the one they had in Kenya, the tail starts at about 6, so Jayasuriya would have a field day! ;)

full_length

U19 Vice-Captain
The only time they can possibly meet is the final, meaning one of them has to beat Australia and the other has to beat South Africa.

With the turmoil going on, I can't see Pakistan making it out of the group - don't forget that Sri Lanka are at home, and if the batting line-up is anything like the one they had in Kenya, the tail starts at about 6, so Jayasuriya would have a field day! ;)
How could you possibly rule out New Zealand and Kenya..
Wouldnt that be nice ??? Kenya in the semis :)

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Dont write Zimbabwe off , when their team toured India recently , they played Extremeley well O.D.I Cricket against India in Indias own home turf

And England they are full of suprises too , they could win too by the looks of form ,

Lets see what happens

N.Z Aus will be really interesting with the winner qualifying for the Semis

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Looks like Pakistan are their way out of this tournament, sickening display of batting on a ptich that has nothing for he bowlers.

As i have said before, now even more so, its going to be very difficult to find form in such short time.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well thats that. Pakistan, by virtue of yet another poor show are probably out of the tournament.

This victory by the Sri Lankans is very similar to the one they inflicted upon Pakistan a few years back in Lahore during the Quadrangular Tournament, that too was a desicive match and Jayasuriya and De silva had steered their team to victory.

Anyway its bed time for Pakistan now till the test series starts..... :rolleyes:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tell you what - we might not be the biggest cricket site (yet) - but by crikey we're the fastest. I had the completed match report on our front page within 45 seconds of the winning run being hit. The last player had not left the pitch.

CricketWeb rules.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
lol....haha Eddie i am not surprised for someone who writes horoscopes ;) :D
you probably started the match report yesterday night eh ? :P

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
lol, brilliant.

Now why didn't I think of that?

No, the secret is to have my laptop on my knee when I'm watching the game and just write the report as I'm seeing it.

The only problem today was the satellite link went down a couple of times - then I just pray that nothing significant happens or if it does, they show replays.

Maybe in a few years time (when we're No 1) CricketWeb will pay for a seat in the press box plut internet time (cheap) and gin and tonics (extremely expensive)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets

8D 8D 8D Just wish I'd had some money on it!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
SA vs WI. The SA pace attack will be blunted by the slow pitches in SL, making the contest more even, don't you think? If their batting clicks, WI might even pull off a victory.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Well no heart attacks yet for the betters. A slight hiccup today though but the results have been pretty predictable. Cant wait for the Australia New Zealand game now.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Changed my mind - not bothering betting on this tournament.

Too many chokers.

Besides, I've just been down to the shop and picked up my second successive win on the UK national lottery (Lotto).

Just pick 2 numbers, if they are both amongst the 6 'proper' lottery numbers drawn, you win.

Ha! £40 for a £1 stake (last of the big spenders is your old mate LuckyEddie) 2 weeks on the trot. Eat your heart out, Marc. That's beer sorted out for a few days.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Besides, I've just been down to the shop and picked up my second successive win on the UK national lottery (Lotto).

Just pick 2 numbers, if they are both amongst the 6 'proper' lottery numbers drawn, you win.

Ha! £40 for a £1 stake (last of the big spenders is your old mate LuckyEddie) 2 weeks on the trot. Eat your heart out, Marc. That's beer sorted out for a few days.
No eddie we are not going to give u that mate ;) horoscopes is fine but........

after all who's 'lucky' here?

R_Powell_fan

U19 Captain
Dillon can't and mustn't be dropped for the single reason of him being the only current WI bowler with career stats even resembling that of a test class bowler, he is by far the WI's best pace bowler at the moment, maybe the pressure got to him.