• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When you want to hit a four or six,is it always pre-mediated?

cricket player

International Debutant
When ever I want to hit a four or six when batting,It is always pre-mediated if the ball was in the right area,What about you.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Every time I hit over mid-on for four it's premeditated (and that's often), and most times when I sweep the spinners, but I've never hit a six so I can't judge on that one.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I'm not a clean enough striker of the ball to hit sixes - I'm never as free-flowing in matches as I am in the nets, either. In the open-top nets earlier this season, I even hit a square cut over extra cover which would definitely have been a six, I couldn't believe it.

Don

State Vice-Captain
they arent always premeditated for me. usually just wait for the ball in the area then give it a nice good flow. almost hit a 6 over mid wicket once ball dropped just and i mean just inside the boundary. 6's are bloody hard man.fours are hard to well since dabbing the ball around is easier.

cricket player

International Debutant
Maybe because we are not that strong,

Usually power has to do something with hitting six I know that of my captain he is a powerfull man and hits sixes with pure timing and pure power,

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
cricket player said:
When ever I want to hit a four or six when batting,It is always pre-mediated if the ball was in the right area,What about you.
Sorry, but how can it be premeditated if it relies on where the ball is going to be?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ive never hit a six - never even attempted one.

I hardly ever pre-meditate either. I find it a bit stupid to decide what shot to play before the bowler has even released the ball...

simmy

International Regular
Na... each ball on its merits...

When I play spinners I premeditate using my feet but thats it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
no not really, when u facing a quick bowler you cant premeditate unless you are in a situation where you are trying to get runs fast, but if its a spinner then you cant premeditate trying to hit a six or four....