• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

When you want to hit a four or six,is it always pre-mediated?

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Don said:
im gonna start this quest.hope to get my first 50 too. 6 over mid wicket here i come
I went on the quest this season and failed. I was gearing up to loft one over the very short long-off boundary in one game, and I almost cleared extra cover a few balls beforehand - however, I got a leg-stump yorker which I somehow managed to spoon up to short mid-off. :@

Don

State Vice-Captain
damn.that sucks.well im most likely gonna be pplaying in two diff leeagues so in the crappier one 50 here i come.and the six shouldnt be hard to hit with the type of bowling expected

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Vast majority of my runs come on the leg-side due to my attacking nature and my walk across the stumps. Sixes are usually hooks off balls which otherwise would have taken my head off and are definately not pre-meditated (my greatest batting moment was hooking the 1st XI's best bowler for 2 sixes in practice). Fours are never pre-meditated.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
If all fours were pre-mediated we would be Afridis and get out after a couple of balls. Anyways, With me it's when I see something which looks easy to hit sometimes though when you need quick runs or when i am frustrated i just face the ball with the intention of just swinging as hard as possible.

Don

State Vice-Captain
well i am like afridi usually get out after about an over and a half.by that time ive hit about 5 fours

cricket player

International Debutant
I have never been an attacking player infact if you see my stats that I have posted in the cricket chat you would see that I like to give the other batsman more strike perhaps the batsman who hits big shots,

This has helped my team win 2 games.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m not a huge boundary hitter at all.

Never hit a six, but when I do, it`ll be a cut-shot, I`m sure. :D All my fours comes through the offside pretty much.

The only time I play pre-mediated shots, is when we need quick runs, when I try to hit straight fours and when the field is good for it. :)

Deja moo

International Captain
I never consciously decide on the shot to play the next ball. In fact my minds switched off in a manner of speaking when batting. Never think about it. Just go with the flow. The only thing I could say I premeditate on is the conscious decision never to pull or hook, no matter what. Never hit sixes either, since i usually end up lobbing them straight to a fielder.

Deja moo

International Captain
I just realised that I dont try to predict the next delivery too. You know how commentators always comment on how a particular batsman has read a bowlers mind...I've never even attempted to that. I'm one lazy batsman.

dro87

U19 12th Man
i never premediate my shot when batting, if not against bad spinners where i think about going a couple of steps foward or reverse sweeping... but when i hit my fours or sixes i normaly just want to hit them hard looking for two runs...