• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarke's Injury

Who will replace Michael Clarke in the next test??

• Brad Hodge

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Stuart MacGill

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Clarke will play

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh

International Regular
I hope Hodge gets a go but knowing the selectors hatred of Victoria, MacGill is just about certain to be picked as 5th. bowler :wacko:

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
I expect Clarke will play - if not, maybe Watson'll be drafted in and MacGill will replace Gillespie. I doubt Hodge will play.

Josh

International Regular
Dasa said:
I expect Clarke will play - if not, maybe Watson'll be drafted in and MacGill will replace Gillespie. I doubt Hodge will play.
If Watson plays, Australia dies.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
He batted in Australia's second innings and if he doesn't hurt the injury again he has 2 weeks to get back to full fitness. I'd say he'll miss the tour games between the 3rd and 4th test.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Hatred of Victoria? What a joke.

Anyway, if Clarke isn't fit Hodge will play. Kasprowicz will replace Gillespie.

deeps

International 12th Man
with their batting woes this season, i doubt they'd replace a batsman wiht a bowler

if clarke is out, hodge will come in undoubtetly, perhaps watson...definately not macgill

Barney Rubble

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
Kasprowicz will replace Gillespie.
You think? All the talk seems to be of Tait at the moment, or maybe that's just me.

You know Australian cricket far better than me, so what do you reckon to Tait's chances of playing? My thinking is they might throw him in as a bit of a wild card, as Kasprowicz, when not in form (and he's hardly been tip-top so far this summer, despite a useful first-innings performance at Edgbaston), can be a bit up-and-down.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Hodge played for Leicestershire, once so we don't want him to play, he'll hit all the bowlers for 6 every ball, then Punter will declare and he'll open the bowling and skittle us for 0 all out.

That's what living in Leicestershire does to you, makes you Superman.

archie mac

International Coach
Josh said:
I hope Hodge gets a go but knowing the selectors hatred of Victoria, MacGill is just about certain to be picked as 5th. bowler :wacko:

Swerven Merven is now one of the selectors :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Does Hodge use a GM? I always thought he had a Kookaburra.
i think he uses both when he was at OT early this season i saw him with both so i dunno.....

archie mac

International Coach
I like the look of Hussey, but I think they should go with Hodge, the English bowlers seem to bowl very well to the lefties. If Clarke does play I think Katich should make way.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hodge should be given a go if Clarke gets injured. You could see it in his fielding; he wants it. BADLY. And if there's one thing the Aussie team could do with is an injection of desperation in their cricket.