• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarke's Injury

Who will replace Michael Clarke in the next test??

• Brad Hodge

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Stuart MacGill

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Clarke will play

Votes: 25 80.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Jamee999 said:
Hodge played for Leicestershire, once so we don't want him to play, he'll hit all the bowlers for 6 every ball, then Punter will declare and he'll open the bowling and skittle us for 0 all out.

That's what living in Leicestershire does to you, makes you Superman.
I live in Leicestershire - so I must be a .........

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! The Kryptonite! It burns! It burns!

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Top_Cat said:
Hodge should be given a go if Clarke gets injured. You could see it in his fielding; he wants it. BADLY. And if there's one thing the Aussie team could do with is an injection of desperation in their cricket.
That's true. Hodge has been pretty much the only one in the field who has been giving it everything. I was very impressed by his sportsmanship as well with the catch that didn't carry.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I would have thought that since Hodge is in the squad and Hussey isn't, it's pretty much a no-brainer as to who would come in?

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I would have thought that since Hodge is in the squad and Hussey isn't, it's pretty much a no-brainer as to who would come in?

yeah, though if Langer or Hayden were to get injured i think it would be more interesting

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Willoughby is south african i think, Maddy and Maunders are both batsmen who bowled like 8 overs between them.

Hussey is averaging 75.53 so far in county cricket, only batsmen ahead of him are Andy Flower (76.57) and Andy Symonds (100.0) - thats div 2 though

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
shaka said:
Shouldn't Symonds get a look in if Clarke is unavailable?
Why? His bowling isn't Test class, and I'm not convinced he's a Test class batsman either. Hodge'd be a much better option.

shaka

International Regular
Dasa said:
Why? His bowling isn't Test class, and I'm not convinced he's a Test class batsman either. Hodge'd be a much better option.
IMO his type of bowling (ie offspinners or medium pacers) is needed in an Australian side that usually tries to rely on winning with 3 quicks and Warne. I think in this series the ability of the 5th bowler has been identified as a weakness and I am afraid that Katich is not a test bowler, based on what I saw of his bowling so far in the series. It can be a little repetitive having 3 quicks and no medium / slow medium pacer. Ponting is but cannot be recognised as a wicket taker. So I feel that since Symonds is, that he would be suitable.

In terms of his batting he has recently found some form that is needed to bolster the batting line up for Australia.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Katich to open, Hodge to middle order?
That would only really happen if they were touring India and didn't have any replacements in the country. Or if Langer/Hayden were to get injured, ala McGrath 1/2 an hour before the game.

With a replacement available in the country I think they'd go for someone like Hussey.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Mister Wright said:
That would only really happen if they were touring India and didn't have any replacements in the country. Or if Langer/Hayden were to get injured, ala McGrath 1/2 an hour before the game..
Tosses cricket ball...