• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Video highlights

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
Hi evrybody, i discovered this fantastic sport nearly 1 yr ago, and now i'm completely addicted to it so much to keep surfing the looking for pics, match reports, live scores etc.
But one thing i cannot find is video highlights of cricket's main events. I can receive skynews at my place but there are not many reports there, its not a sport channel just a big news one. I need to find a website providing cricket video highlights (free would be better but i can pay any reasonable sum to eventually watch some top cricket action!)
In my country (Italy)ppl don t even know what cricket is about!!! So can you help me with some good link pls? Skysport broadband online is providing some action but its only for ppl logging on from a uk/roi registered IP!!!
Just some websites with some video action, if it includes these Ashes Tests even better! Otherwise i will be compelled to rely on DVDs on sale featuring this events....
Thanks buddies,

dinu23

International Debutant
sorry mate, don't know any sites giving videos for free. almost always u have to pay some money to get them.

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
No you got me wrong i said free would be better but im interested in any video link providing highlights, even if i have to pay, no problem!

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'm not sure (and can't actually check because I'm at work) but isn't it possible to get video feeds through a link from the Cricinfo site?

Have a look on there, look at the site map and have a dig around. I'm sure I saw something about video links at some time in the past.

simmy

International Regular
MOD EDIT - Is illegal... why else do you think it hits the naughty word filter? 8-)

Last edited by a moderator:

chalky

International Debutant
cricnewbye said:
Hi evrybody, i discovered this fantastic sport nearly 1 yr ago, and now i'm completely addicted to it so much to keep surfing the looking for pics, match reports, live scores etc.
But one thing i cannot find is video highlights of cricket's main events. I can receive skynews at my place but there are not many reports there, its not a sport channel just a big news one. I need to find a website providing cricket video highlights (free would be better but i can pay any reasonable sum to eventually watch some top cricket action!)
In my country (Italy)ppl don t even know what cricket is about!!! So can you help me with some good link pls? Skysport broadband online is providing some action but its only for ppl logging on from a uk/roi registered IP!!!
Just some websites with some video action, if it includes these Ashes Tests even better! Otherwise i will be compelled to rely on DVDs on sale featuring this events....
Thanks buddies,
Try www.***********.com perfectly legal streams all the tests shown in England on SKY and Channel 4 only $3.00 per month

Last edited by a moderator:

PY

International Coach
Check out what you actually wrote and then read my post again. :p

Though don't edit your original because I'm afraid I know what site you're heading to and from the situation of the chap who started this thread, I'd have thought he doesn't qualify for the legal requirements of the forum.

PY

International Coach
From my understanding of the rules thing, it is for people who have paid for the original program then want to rewatch but haven't got a copy of it.

As he doesn't have original subscription (or he wouldn't be asking), it would make it illegal.

Think that's how it works because there's a dozen disclaimers stating it's the individual members responsibility to make it legal, not theirs.

chalky

International Debutant
Can't see discalimers on the site. As far as I am aware the legality in this country is you are allowed to watch as long as you don't record to a media. But the law is changing all the time. I have been using the site for 4 months now and no issues.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
From the site concerned:

"1. Legal Notice
Users of this website you must meet the following requirements before entering any content offered on this site:
You receive a cable/satellite/antenna feed with the content you watch It is your fundamental right as a consumer to record/copy/digitize/re-view/ anything subscribe to at any time you wish to review them. Since these TV shows are easily accessible and purchasable to nearly 100% of the Subscribed users we do not wish to burden you with any proof of ownership/subscription. We make what you have the fundamental right to record and review available to you 24/7 if you do not have the personal ability to record/view at home. You are responsible for complying with these requirements, failure to do so can terminate your membership at the StreamTVNow website...

2. Member notice
Also members are required to take this in notion:
All content offered on this site falls on local jurisdiction, members are obligated to make sure they are free to watch in their own local or national legal boundaries.
StreamTvnow is a platform for TV users, any donations or financial transactions made to StreamTvnow are to ensure the uptime of the infrastructure StreamTVnow uses not to ensure content. The administrators of streamtvnow are not in any way responsible for any misuse of the content made available within its forum/community. Any content that has been made available by members of this forum/community is at the responsibility of each individual member. "

Translated into English as "if you have access to these channels anyway, then it's legal to use these streams, otherwise it's entirely your fingers that get burnt if you get caught".

It's not what the original poster's looking for and I'm removing the link(s).

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
sorry if i insist guys but you are telling me that there isnt a LEGAL website showing cricket highlights online? How can you keep up in touch with cricket if you are not in a cricket country then or if you just wanna watch another country team play??

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
cricnewbye said:
sorry if i insist guys but you are telling me that there isnt a LEGAL website showing cricket highlights online? How can you keep up in touch with cricket if you are not in a cricket country then or if you just wanna watch another country team play??
Cricinfo text updates.

Works for me. :p

cricnewbye

Cricket Spectator
R u from Norway??you got 4000 posts wow! So you are never tempted to watch some video online, suppose you dotn have cricket on your national telly! :blink:

PY

International Coach
cricnewbye said:
Look at what Top_Cat has posted, I'm sure he knows what he's talking about in terms of legality.

If not, his colleagues may want a word. ;)