• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Young female cricketer with... potential?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I heard on the radio that there was some 15 year-old dudette playing Test Cricket for their country, maybe England? Can anyone help me here? Cheers.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Leave it to your Uncle Ed.

The 'dudette' in question is Holly Colvin, a 15-year old pupil at Brighton College who took a brace of wickets in consecutive deliveries against the lady convicts on debut last week.

She went along to Hove as a net bowler and impressed everyone. When the wicket turned out to be a dustbowl, she was drafted into the side - and onto the front page of last Wednesday's 'Times'.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow ... I hadn't heard about that. Let's quickly get her Aussie citizenship and put her in for Dizz at Trent Bridge :p

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Remove the 'Go Reds!!!!' from your signature, and then maybe, just maybe, I`ll click.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Nnanden said:
Hahah sweet, thanks.

You`re a lot smarter than I give you credit for. :cool:
Who, me?

My IQ is the product of 2 prime numbers.
It is also a prime number higher than a perfect square.
In addition, it is a perfect cube less than a perfect square.
The difference between the perfect square above my IQ and the perfect square below my IQ should make you think of a famous Greek - if you take all three square roots.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Well, 143 works for the first three but I'm stuffed if I can be bothered about the last...
Erm, how is a prime number the product of 2 prime numbers?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
marc71178 said:
Erm, how is a prime number the product of 2 prime numbers?
Read it again.

"It is also a prime number higher than a perfect square." - i.e. it (161) is higher than a perfect square (144) by a prime number (17).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Never had mine measured, too tight to pay for Mensa to mark my test.

I found a piece of paper in the spare room at home the other year inside the back of some 1980s child-psychology-self-testing-thing (something like "So, Your Child's a Genius") with the result of a DIY IQ Test I took as a four year old as 211. So I'm claiming that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Neil Pickup said:
Read it again.

"It is also a prime number higher than a perfect square." - i.e. it (161) is higher than a perfect square (144) by a prime number (17).
luckyeddie said:
My IQ is the product of 2 prime numbers.
It is also a prime number higher than a perfect square.
So what exactly is this "it" then?