• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations Stephen Fleming 6000 Test Runs

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Wow what a memorable place to bring up 6000 runs in Zimbabwe, what a world class team :p
Great effort wonder whether he will aim for 7000?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty much did it due to the sheer volume of tests played these days.

Still, well done. Now hopefully he kicks on and ends up with a career average of 40+

shaka

International Regular
Well done o Captain Fantastic :D went on to make a 50 in the 2nd test v Zimbabwe.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
sportychic33 said:
Wow what a memorable place to bring up 6000 runs in Zimbabwe, what a world class team :p
Great effort wonder whether he will aim for 7000?
What, this week? I know Zimbabwe are poor but that's stretching it a bi.....

Oh, wait.

8-)

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Voltman said:
Pretty much did it due to the sheer volume of tests played these days.

Still, well done. Now hopefully he kicks on and ends up with a career average of 40+

ditto, a good seires against Zim would certainly help that ;)

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
The fact remains though that for a New Zealand batsman...6000 runs is a very good achievement, particularly when he was dumped with the Captaincy at the age of 23.

He'll finish with an average of 40 IMO & taking into the account what he's achieved in his time as Captain, I think he can be well satisfied when he retires.

thierry henry

International Coach
I think he should try to keep on getting out between 50-100. It's become genuinely hilarious now imo. I swear he's doing it on purpose.

shaka

International Regular
Does he care if he's the greatest NZ batsman is more the question and I think he would say no!

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Isolator said:
And that would make him the greatest New Zealand batsman of all time, wouldn't it?
No.
Not in my opinion.

Crowe and Turner are above him for starters. Maybe Sutcliffe and Donnelly too.

Craig

World Traveller
Voltman said:
No.
Not in my opinion.

Crowe and Turner are above him for starters. Maybe Sutcliffe and Donnelly too.
And chuck in John Wright (IIRC he had a very good record). New Zealand more then a half decent side back in the 80's.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Isolator said:
I know he isn't the greatest...I was just being sarcastic about NZ's batting frailty.
Good for you. We punch well above our weight, whereas India... well...