• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sorry but England can't win the Ashes

howardj

International Coach
Demolition Man said:
I agree, the aussies have recieved a kick up the bum without going down in the series. Being an Aussie I can tell you they will play a hell of a lot better in the next two matches,
Yeah but it's not as though they've been getting themselves out. They've been deceived/beaten by reverse swing, conventional swing, bounce, pace and sheer aggression. The way some folk are going on, they're making it sound as though every Australian batsman has been caught at deep mid-wicket, while attempting to clear the fence. Crazy stuff.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
sqwerty said:
Despite Vaughney proclaiming that England have all the momentum, I can't help but feel that Australia, having been totally outplayed in the last 2 tests, but losing by 2 runs in one then drawing the other totally have the upper hand. Australia will takemiles of momentum out of this match whilst England will do well just to pick themselves up after such a disappointment.

Australia have proved that they only need one good day out of 5 to save a test.

England have been playing out of their skin and have won one test by 2 runs. They can see what an enormous task it is just to win 1 test against Australia even when Australia are playing poorly

England need to win the final 2 tests. There won't be another draw unless weather intervenes.

Australia can't play any worse. I can't see England winning one test let alone 2.

Having said that though, this is a very good England side and clearly second in the world. They will win the ashes in 4 years.

i agree with this....altho i think my prediction of 2-2 is on the cards.

sqwerty said:
Despite Vaughney proclaiming that England have all the momentum, I can't help but feel that Australia, having been totally outplayed in the last 2 tests, but losing by 2 runs in one.
Without Mcgrath and making a mistake by giving Eng first use to boot.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
in all fairness with the exception of the Lords test...McGrath has been fairly ordinary

chalky

International Debutant
Have already posted this in the official thread but think it is quite relevantto this one aswell.

I find some of the logic on this board is a bit strange.

Australian batsmen are going to come good: Why because they are inform? scoring lots of runs perhaps? looking really goos at the crease? No because they are not scoring any runs, look out of form and are struggling at the crease (on belting batting tracks in the last two tests) therfore it's a given they are going to score lots of runs.In the same breath Pointing is now going score lots of runs because he is form. I find it hilarious when people predict that Hayden is going to score a century why? because he hasn't made one in 20 odd innings (and hasn't looked like making one).

My take on Australia's batting is that England have bowled superbly at the left handers and can't see that changing through the next two tests. It's no coincidence that, apart from Warne, Clarke and Pointing have been their two best batsmen.

Also on Australia making mistakes thats what happens when your under pressure which I think explains some of the wicktes Giles has been getting. I think it was Langer who said thet've never been put under so much pressure by a seam bowling attack, which I think is causing them to be too aggressive to Giles and give their wicket away.

Also the odd bad umpiring decision, bad light and rain are part of cricket if you can't accept that I suggest you follow another sport.

wahindiawah

Banned
sqwerty said:
Australia can't play any worse. I can't see England winning one test let alone 2.

And i can't see Australia winning two matches!!

Either it will be a draw or England will win the series.

Australians have some serious problems and unless its sorted out quickly., i don't see how will they win two test in a row.

My predictions,

Gilchrist will take 10 cates in a match,

Jason will take 10 wkts in 2 innings,

Hyden will score a double ton and thus Australia will win the series 3-1 :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
GladiatrsInBlue said:
My predictions,

Gilchrist will take 10 cates in a match,

Jason will take 10 wkts in 2 innings,

Hyden will score a double ton and thus Australia will win the series 3-1 :p
That's almost - and I reiterate, ALMOST - as humourous as your signature. :sleep:

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
GladiatrsInBlue said:
Hopefully ur team won't end up as a laughing stock! :p
Even if one team or the other folds completely in the last two tests, they won't be a laughing-stock in my eyes.

(Still sticking to 3-1 Australia, but I really don't know why. I must learn to 'let go').