• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Batsmen and the chase

C_C

International Captain
cant believe no one remembered lara's 153*.
I did mention it- i am not talking in Richard-esque fashion about first chance or second chance or whatever, i am merely noting that almost all batsmen have bolloxed up near the very end -ie, lost concentration and given a chance or two....

tooextracool

International Coach
FaaipDeOiad said:
There's around 20-25 instances in test history of a player making an undefeated century in a successful fourth innings chase, I was looking at them last night. Some quite remarkable and famous ones, and a few which were like 104* out of 1/190 or something. Still, it's not an unheard of feat.

Oh, and TEC, I think C_C did mention Lara's in the first post, but discounted it because he gave a chance before the end.
wel 4th innings chases itself dont happen very often(except chasing small totals), and more often than not the chase would involve at least 2-3 batsman playing well instead of just one. so its not incredibly likely that too many players get the chance to chase a total almost singlehandedly in the 4th innings.