• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do Pakistan need Akhtar back?

no1_gangsta_786

U19 Cricketer
Does ne body else fink pakistan need akhtar back against england in november if we r 2 have nebody bowl as quik as flintoff amd harmison?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
on a more serious note i would say that, they dont essentially need him back, but it would be a bonus to them providing he can keep out of the headlines unless it is for sporting reasons.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
oh yes they do need him back he is a match winner & is their most accomplished test match bowler. Plus if he isn't their againts England this winter i'll back them to win.

deeps

International 12th Man
with most of the other quicks out, the pakistani pace attack is undermanned.

hence after some major research, i think they should bring back waqar and wasim :P

akhtar is a tool

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
oh yes they do need him back he is a match winner & is their most accomplished test match bowler. Plus if he isn't their againts England this winter i'll back them to win.
i will back england to win anyway tbh.

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
i think they SHOULD get him back into the team.he would be a good bowling duo with sami who had a pretty good (especially test) series against india this year.unfortunaly he doesnt play a lot of cricket these days.they used to be a very scary fast bowling duo as both of them belong to the fastest bowlers right now(shoaib propably even is the fastest right now) and hopefully they can remain(or contain or whatever that word is) this status.
but akhtar really needs to be FIT for the series otherwise it doesnt really make sense to me.i hope he will be fit cuz i want to see the rawalpindi express roll again. :D

Resha

School Boy/Girl Captain
I guess it'd be a good bonus, but if I remember right, they didn't have him when they played India in India a while back, and they hammered us. xD Just because England have a good fast bowling attack doesn't mean Pakistan need to counter with one...sometimes Shoaib is really inaccurate in his bowling, and he gives away a TON of extras, and seeing as how he's just coming back he'll be out of touch and he'll probably do this a lot.