• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Sixes By A Test Player

simmy

International Regular
I believe that Chris Cairns (NZ) holds this record before he retired in England last year.

I cannot find anywhere how many he hit? Does anyone know?

Who if anyone will be able to catch him? Pietersen perhaps?

simmy

International Regular
Flintoff. Has many more years in him yet. And already has 59! But yes... Gilchrist will get it... but maybe not in this series the way things are going for him!

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
simmy said:
Flintoff. Has many more years in him yet. And already has 59! But yes... Gilchrist will get it... but maybe not in this series the way things are going for him!
Yeah, Flintoff is a good chance, as is Ponting potentially. Hayden too if he ever recovers his career. He hit nearly 10 of those sixes in the one innings, of course. Also Shahid Afridi, who has a phenomenal average with his sixes... he has 28 in under 20 tests, while Flintoff has 59 in 50 and Gilchrist 80 in 71.

Gilchrist, Ponting, Warne, Symonds and Lee will hold down the top 5 of deliberately played and well executed sixes when all is said and done.

simmy

International Regular
Shane Warne said:
Gilchrist, Ponting, Warne, Symonds and Lee will hold down the top 5 of deliberately played and well executed sixes when all is said and done.
What?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shane Warne said:
i doubt that very much tbh.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
QUOTE=Shane Warne]Gilchrist, Ponting, Warne, Symonds and Lee will hold down the top 5 of deliberately played and well executed sixes when all is said and done.[/QUOTE]

I'll say it again for clarification.... what??

Symonds? Lee? Warne?

Symonds - will never play another test. Maybe two if he's lucky.

Lee - bats at no. 9, hardly a regular six-hitter

Warne - the odd innings with a six, but will hardly challenge it. Even after 120+ tests..

Gilchrist is the only candidate really. Ponting.. i'd be surprised but its possible.

No, you didn't stutter.

Last edited:

cricket player

International Debutant
Shahid Afridi will end up with the most

There is no body that can hit more sixes then afridi in any form of the game

whether he is from

England
Australia
etc

Shahid afridi rules all of them sixers

PY

International Coach
Quite surprised to see Kallis up there, not the type of player from what I saw in the winter and in previous series.

PY

International Coach
He's on 54, that means he took 47 other risks against better bowlers. I can't see it myself. :p

Barney Rubble

International Coach
cricket player said:
Shahid Afridi will end up with the most

There is no body that can hit more sixes then afridi in any form of the game

whether he is from

England
Australia
etc

Shahid afridi rules all of them sixers
Afridi will never play enough Tests to beat the record.

And as for no-one hitting more sixes than Afridi - he'll either hit 5 in an innings or get bowled slogging for 0, whereas someone like Flintoff usually hits at least 1 six an innings, even when he only makes 20 or 30. His 68 the other day included five of them.

C_C

International Captain
From this generation, i am betting on either Flintoff or Sehwag having that record by the time they retire.