• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

My Aus team for the next test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shane Warne said:
Langer
Elliot
Ponting
Hodge
Hussey
Symonds
Haddin
Warne
Lee
Macgill
Mcgrath
Ok that is obsurd!!! I am very sure that Gilchrist will hit back he has been poor so far but too drop him would be obsurd he is sitll a truely great player. The way clarke was moving today i think he will be fine fot trent bridge so why drop him? Damien Martyn is also still a quality player. England have really tested australia and shown that they are a side maybe past their best and that changes will have too take place but id be far happier as an england fan if that team played in the next test instead of the one that just played

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
terrible when people are reduced to such derogatrory slanging when they cant make their point in any other way.

I made my point.

I selected a team and said that it would perform better than the current one in this given situation.

I'd revert back to Gilchrist, Martyn and Clarke next time we play Zimbabwe or bangladesh.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shane Warne said:
I made my point.

I selected a team and said that it would perform better than the current one in this given situation.

I'd revert back to Gilchrist, Martyn and Clarke next time we play Zimbabwe or bangladesh.
well from australias point of view its a good job you arent a selector then isnt it.

simmy

International Regular
Slow Love™ said:
Well, throwing in Elliot did raise a slight smile. You're better value than simmy.
Hey! Be fair... Katich has done nothing this tour. No runs = being dropped surely.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Shane Warne said:
If they're happy to surrender The Ashes then yes.
somehow i dont think whatever side you picked would result in any aussie worth his salt surrendering the ashes.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
simmy said:
Hey! Be fair... Katich has done nothing this tour. No runs = being dropped surely.
Well, aside from that match-winning knock in the second innings of the first test of course. I seem to recall he & the tail taking the game completely out of our grasp.

Entrael

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
why would you drop martyn, and even gilchrist for that matter.. Martyn has been one of australia's better batsmen this series, even though he has not scored as many runs as he would of liked.. he was VERY unlucky today to have been given out.. Gilly is down on form but that does not merit dropping him, even if he has missed a few opportunities with ball and bat...

To me, your chances are pretty ridiculous, im expecting you to drop, Ponting, Langer, McGrath, Lee all by the 5th test.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think Gillespie and Hayden should be the only ones who should be dropped. I get the feeling that Gillespie would be dropped. As for Hayden, he SHOULD be dropped, but he WOULDN'T be.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
My Team for the next test

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Katich
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Tait
McGrath

If Hayden fails to get going again next test the pressure will really be on from Hussey i reakon, that said he is pretty safe till the end of the tour.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If Hussey was in the sqaud then Hayden would be dropped for the next test, but i don't think Katich or Hodge are good enough openers to open against the English pace attack.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shane Warne said:
Langer
Elliot
Ponting
Hodge
Hussey
Symonds
Haddin
Warne
Lee
Macgill
Mcgrath
How is Upper Ferntree Gulley these days?

Walking distance from St John's Wood station is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.