Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Well, with the first game exactly 2 months away i thought i'd get in early and make this thread so we can discuss the upcoming season.

I think South Australia will be the big movers this year
    WA should be around the mark again
    Victoria will probably be favourable candidates for last spot
    Queensland look strong again
    New South Wales look like they'll be around mid-table
    Tasmania will probably be around mid-to-low-table.

Ok, Like last year we'll guess the leading performers

Pura Cup:

Leading Run-Scorer: Michael Bevan - think he can back up last years very strong season

Leading Wicket-Taker: Andrew Bichel - should be very consistent

ING Cup:

Leading Run-Scorer: Greg Blewett - should have a good season because won't be so heavily relied upon like last season with players like Lehmann and Elliott probably playing full-time

Leading Wicket-Taker: Mick Lewis - good OD bowler
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

I really hope for the sake of Australian cricket that none of your player predictions to come off. We need someone else besides Bichel to be rolling sides for Queensland, hopefully Bevan and, even moreso with the talent at SA's disposal, Blewett get outscored by some younger pups in their sides respectively.

Hope to see Cam White take 35+ wickets, David Hussey have a very good year, and Callum Ferguson kick on. I also think/hope Matthew Inness has a cracker of a year over in WA, he's the perfect foil to Brad Williams - who I hope doesn't have a good year, because the worst thing that could happen is him to get back into contention for Aus honours

Others I'm expecting big things of are Jaques (a really big year and he'll be in the Aus side very very soon), Doherty (has to deliver eventually), the SA bowling attack (Cullen needs to prove he's not a one season wonder, while Rofe and Cleary need to show that they can provide suitable support), and one of North, Rogers or Marsh to take the season by the scruff of the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox
    I really hope for the sake of Australian cricket that none of your player predictions to come off. We need someone else besides Bichel to be rolling sides for Queensland, hopefully Bevan and, even moreso with the talent at SA's disposal, Blewett get outscored by some younger pups in their sides respectively.

Hope to see Cam White take 35+ wickets, David Hussey have a very good year, and Callum Ferguson kick on. I also think/hope Matthew Inness has a cracker of a year over in WA, he's the perfect foil to Brad Williams - who I hope doesn't have a good year, because the worst thing that could happen is him to get back into contention for Aus honours

Others I'm expecting big things of are Jaques (a really big year and he'll be in the Aus side very very soon), Doherty (has to deliver eventually), the SA bowling attack (Cullen needs to prove he's not a one season wonder, while Rofe and Cleary need to show that they can provide suitable support), and one of North, Rogers or Marsh to take the season by the scruff of the neck.
    yea pretty much agree with your points vic, also if would like to see Johnson have a good season as well.....

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I also hope Phillipson from Queensland has a huge year, he is a very classy batsman with a lot of potential. I also hope Watson is dropped from the Aussie one day side, so he can get a full season with Queensland.

Don't think Cullen will do much, but I hope I am proved wrong. Will be interesting to see how Hauritz goes after his winter stint under the guidance of Murali.

If Love is injury free he will challenge for most runs of the season.

South Australia should do really well this season IMO, might lose Tait for the one dayers, but should have Gillespie for most of the season.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Breakout Champion!
    I've forgotten who I was told to support last year, so rent-a-steds is back

EDIT: Btw, Andrew Symonds for PM!!!!!!!
    Last edited by steds; 14-08-2005 at 05:21 PM.

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I'd think that New South Wales would be a very strong chance to retain the Pura Cup given the quality of their bowling attack and the form of guys like Jaques, Thornley and Haddin, should it continue.

Mainly though, I'm hoping to see some of the potential talent in Australia really perform.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    NSW will do well because they will have Macgill and Nicholson for the whole year - the consistant bowling attack will help alot i reakon.

i also reakon that Haddin will have another good year
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    sadly im predicting...... a further decline for wa,

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I reckon NSW should be stellar. The best bowling line-up and some great youngsters like Packman and Cowan. Jaques should rip it up.

I really hope Cullen bowls well. We need a young spinner!
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

NSW mid-table Hoggy ? With Haddin, Jacques, Thornley, Macgill, Nicholson, Clark, and Bracken they should be able to win it.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by burkey_1988
    NSW mid-table Hoggy ? With Haddin, Jacques, Thornley, Macgill, Nicholson, Clark, and Bracken they should be able to win it.
    You could have had a point, if you left out the names of Thornley, Clark and Bracken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    I reckon NSW should be stellar. The best bowling line-up and some great youngsters like Packman and Cowan. Jaques should rip it up.

I really hope Cullen bowls well. We need a young spinner!
    I agree mate

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    You could have had a point, if you left out the names of Thornley, Clark and Bracken.

"I`m packing your angry eyes, just in case."

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    You're so stubborn about this crap, really. Bracken averaged 18 last year, and Thornley in the high 50s. You don't think they contributed to New South Wales winning the Pura Cup?

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I hope that a couple of NSW young batsmen really come through this season. I think guys like Creed, Simmons, Packman and Cowan have some great potential and could give us the edge in winning the Pura Cup and the ING Cup. Should also be interesting to see how Thorpe goes this season, now his retired from playing for England, he should be able to play the full season for us if he stay fit. I think Phelps and Mail maybe dropped to make way for Thorpe and a couple of the youngsters.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information