• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chris.hinton said:
true but they are the best team in aus and why did they not pick Thorpe
That's right. They must be the best side in Australia because they haven't featured in the last 8 consecutive Pura Cup/Sheffield Shield Finals.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
chaminda_00 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Tait and Johnson get a chance in Bangladesh rather then Dizzy or Kaspa.
well at htis stage i'id think both of them would go to bangladesh.

brockley

International Captain
Murray goodwin has been released for the next domestic season reasons given he is too old at the age 33.Murray said in the west australian he will continue to play for sussex but will not seek to play fort another state in australia,goodwin has now officially retired from australian domestic cricket.
On graham thrope he wants to come back next year as non player mentor assistant coach,sounds good to me.
Congrats graham and murray on your official retirements from the aussie game.

Complicated

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Speaking of NSW, I remember hearing talk a year or so ago about a young batsman called Ed Cowan. People were saying he was a big prospect and a future Australian representitive. Does anyone know what happened to him? I haven't heard anything on him in over a year did he just not live up to hype?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
chris.hinton said:
Queensland got 900 i cannot believe it stil how the hell did NSW not get to the Pura Cup final
No McGrath, Lee, Bracken, Clark, a bad/no MacGill, Clarke, no Haddin for a bit, no Jaques for a bit, no Katich for a bit. Nicholson and Bollinger had shockers.