• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

irfan

State Captain
Tait takes 3 wickets in the over including an absolute beauty to remove Jaques. SA in with a real chance now !

Surely he must find himself in SAf test squad

irfan

State Captain
Tait takes 3 wickets in the over including an absolute beauty to remove Jaques. SA in with a real chance now !

Surely he must find himself in SAf for the tests

parttimer

U19 Cricketer
Watching Gillespie bowl today convinced me his career is over. Quite seamer-friendly wicket, but you'd never know it watching Jason bowl..

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
parttimer said:
Watching Gillespie bowl today convinced me his career is over. Quite seamer-friendly wicket, but you'd never know it watching Jason bowl..
well i aint seeing it but his figures dont seem to bad, if he had something like 7-0-41-0 in seamer freindly conditions then i might agree with you, but then again his domestic OD record hasn't been great this season. Its in the 4-day competition where he has been bowling well & definately should be back in the test side based on that.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
irfan said:

Surely he must find himself in SAf for the tests
well after such a performance, the selectors will be watching for sure, but he'll have to really bowl well in South Australia last 2 pura cup games before the test series in SA starts before he gets the nod over either Dizzy or Kaspa.

irfan

State Captain
OMG!!

NSW scrape home with jus 1 wicket in hand. What a bowling perfomance from Tait and Lehmann did magnificently captaining the side but they were 10 runs short i felt

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
parttimer said:
Looked injured but comparing him to Tait, who was express, anyone would look military medium.

Tait's action looked better than the Ashes - interesting to see what TC says on this - and further work with the front arm will do him wonders. However, you cant train someone to have pace like his and that need to be preserved above all.

howardj

International Coach
Like I said to T_C, Tait should be in the ODI World Cup squad, or at least be given an opportunity to press his claims. As Lee has shown in the last couple of years (and Tait often demonstates), early wickets in OD cricket are devastating. What's more, Tait's economy rate is only 4.9 - it's not that bad.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
that was an impressive effort from South australia, after scoring a low total... but all in all.. well done to the blues.. :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Like I said to T_C, Tait should be in the ODI World Cup squad, or at least be given an opportunity to press his claims. As Lee has shown in the last couple of years (and Tait often demonstates), early wickets in OD cricket are devastating. What's more, Tait's economy rate is only 4.9 - it's not that bad.
dlam right a bowler who could bowl like this has to be picked in the WC squad no question about it.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
aussie said:
dlam right a bowler who could bowl like this has to be picked in the WC squad no question about it.
Hmm. He bowled some great wicket taking balls, no doubt, but 14 wides is simply unacceptable. Henriques could easily chase down 6 without MacGill getting himself out, but 20 would've been another story

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
he can surely improve on his accuracy, but what he has already is the ability to take wickets which is too good to overlook.