• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Top_Cat said:
What you describe about Bailey is almost to the letter exactly what Dan Cullen was doing last year when HE was an unknown quantity too. He's just suffering from second-season syndrome. He's hardly over-paid and is still bowling well. Certainly better than any other offie in the country.
So you think he deserved a contract after only one season?

Mister Wright

mikeW said:
he was actually smashing Warne.
Not according to cricket.com.au. (I know that isn't a reliable source with their poor live socres, but that's why the comment was made).

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So you think he deserved a contract after only one season?
As a developmental prospect and seeing he's the best off-spinner in the country already (even with a relatively average season this year in Pura Cup), absolutely. He showed enough promise and his numbers were perfectly reasonable after last season. He didn't miss out on an Ashes spot by much, either.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Gillespie's back in form he should go to South Africa.
Definately & if Tait improves between now & the end of the season i would have him in the test side over bracken but the latter seems unlikely.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Rofe and Wise have to spend another 5 years improving their fielding before even getting thought about getting a game...
Dorey as bad in the field and he got a game...

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Another poor performance from NSW. We need to pick ourselves up, and I hope Thopre comes in for the next game.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tasmanina surprisingly have defeated Victoria, with Adam Griffith seemingly having a great season with Marsh saying he should be in consideration since he has taken 45 wickets mostly bowling on the batsman-freindly Bellrive wicket /cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=36534 what do you peole think about him?

Also good to see Ronchi scoring a hundred, along with Hartley it will be great to see how these 2 develop in the coming seasons..

Haddin

U19 Debutant
Despite a hundred from Brad Haddin, NSW still manedged to lose, but did get 4 wickets, WA were chasing 88, Krezja, had a good return to First Class crickert, he made 22, and 61, and also took 3/22, his best bowling figures in Four Day cricket.

Haddin

U19 Debutant
SA are 6/272. Blewett scored 100, Harris 77, and Lehmann out for 33, and Borgas for 42 - both out quickly.

andyc

Hmm..

South Australia 3/77 after 16.3, Lehmann 4*, Cosgrove just out for 49

Blewett fell second ball, while Henriques took what I think is his first List-A wicket with Harris for 22.

Wait a second, that's 4/77 now! Ferguson out first ball to Bird!

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Thornely's bowling? Is that a regular occurance? From his Surrey spell I got the idea that he was mainly a batsman.

social

Wicket is doing a lot but Bird and Heriques look very good prospects - quick and with good strong actions.

andyc

steds said:
Thornely's bowling? Is that a regular occurance? From his Surrey spell I got the idea that he was mainly a batsman.
He normally has a few overs, generally just to make up the 50 or contain an end in FC.