• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
I'd say they will be on t.v. at least radio. The final will definitely be shown.
Well, that means I must get a HUGE antennae so I can get Channel 9.....

Local station only does the Tests and VB series.....no domestic coverage!

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
It's a shame the Seffield Shield isn't on TV at all. I used to enjoy watching it on C7 Sport before it collapsed.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
It's a shame the Seffield Shield isn't on TV at all. I used to enjoy watching it on C7 Sport before it collapsed.
I agree. I reckon Fox should shaft the Footy Channel and go with a full time cricket channel or at least get rid of the footy channel for the summer and replace it with domestic cricket.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:
I agree. I reckon Fox should shaft the Footy Channel and go with a full time cricket channel or at least get rid of the footy channel for the summer and replace it with domestic cricket.
Not a bad idea at all. Highlights of old series 24/7 when there isn't domestic cricket on, it would be fantastic !!!

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
Yup. Bugger the footy, it's over.

All cricket, all the time.

But will anyone listen to the people? If there ain't no money in it for them, they won't do it! :dry:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SquidAU said:
Yup. Bugger the footy, it's over.

All cricket, all the time.

But will anyone listen to the people? If there ain't no money in it for them, they won't do it! :dry:
I actually think if they put the domestic cricket on the t.v. it would make people go to the games more. There are some quality matches that people miss out on and if they saw what was going on out there they might get to a game once in a while. I'm sure they would get good rating for some of the day night ING games.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Mister Wright said:
I actually think if they put the domestic cricket on the t.v. it would make people go to the games more. There are some quality matches that people miss out on and if they saw what was going on out there they might get to a game once in a while. I'm sure they would get good rating for some of the day night ING games.
I, for one, would pay an arm and a leg to get the Pura Cup televised.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Prince EWS said:
I, for one, would pay an arm and a leg to get the Pura Cup televised.
Is there any country that regularly televises domestic matches? not just finals?

The last Sheffield Shield/Pura Cup game I watched on TV was the 1995/96 SS Final between WA and SA....what a cracker of a match that was! I don't know who televised that one though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
burkey_1988 said:
12 players couldn't bowl, Kyle. 11 could bat and 11 could bowl, meaning one player would bowl but not be able to bat and another would bat but not be able to bowl.
I dont think it ever occurred, but under the rules, you COULD use twelve different bowlers.

cameeel

International Captain
burkey_1988 said:
The ING Cup is televised fairly regularly here in Sydney
We're on the same TV as Melbourne up here, but we only get the occaisonal VIC ING Cup matches, maybe 3-5 last year, if that

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
We always get the games that are on on the weekends, no matter who's playing and where.
If you look at the CA website, it does tell you what games are televised by Ch 9. Mostly the D/N ones, by the looks!

Knopfler

School Boy/Girl Captain
I agree with most that NSW will have a good season. I particularily like Jaques because he seems to have the ability to bat long innings and, in the one innings I watched of him, he looked very classy.

Hopefully Hussey doesn't have much of a season because he is to busy playing in the Australian test team.

I think (and hope) that the batsman of the season, in both forms of the game, will be Bevan again.

chooka_nick

International 12th Man
I hope Andy Bichel and Mick Lewis kill it. I respect them both.
Also, good luck to the young Victoria keeper Crossy (I can't spell his name lol). I hope he shows what a fine player he is (he's had a lot of under 19s experience, and is a more than handy batsman.)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Hahaha, has anyone noticed that every state has their own hotshot 'keeper they think is supremely talented and headed for national glory?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
SquidAU said:
Is there any country that regularly televises domestic matches? not just finals?

The last Sheffield Shield/Pura Cup game I watched on TV was the 1995/96 SS Final between WA and SA....what a cracker of a match that was! I don't know who televised that one though.
Sky in England covers CC games occasionally and quite a lot of National League games.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Linda said:
Hahaha, has anyone noticed that every state has their own hotshot 'keeper they think is supremely talented and headed for national glory?
Of course, we all know that Graham Manou will be the next Aussie keeper! :p

Samuel_Vimes said:
Sky in England covers CC games occasionally and quite a lot of National League games.
I wish Ch9 or Fox Sports would do something similar.... :dry:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Linda said:
I havent really heard much from South Australia or NSW. Does anyone really think that Manou or Daniel Smith will play for Australia?