• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Lancs Simon Marshall took 3-18 and scored 57 on his debut for West Torrens in the XXXX Gold comp

what level is this comp? he previously played for Adelaide last year

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
burkey_1988 said:
They need decent batsmen desperately IMO
I think that Lehmann being back fulltime would have been the "decent" batsman they so desperately needed.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
vic_orthdox said:
Plus Blewett getting out on the park regularly.
Yeah, I didn't forget him, just didn't think he needed a mention! :D

I have no doubt that the Redback side is talented just whether they can get some consistency going is another thing. Thats what they lacked last year! It's not good being on top for a coule of games only to get routed for 29 the next time! :blink:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Richards isn't that much of a shock to me really, though Murray Creed is a little unlucky not to be given a chance

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
burkey_1988 said:
Richards isn't that much of a shock to me really, though Murray Creed is a little unlucky not to be given a chance
I rated Richards back in the day, but I thought his days were over. He and Jaques are the only real threat (batting wise) in that team. Haddin also if he has a good day.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I rated Richards back in the day, but I thought his days were over. He and Jaques are the only real threat (batting wise) in that team. Haddin also if he has a good day.
(and Thornley)

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
Are they playing Supersubs this season ?
No confirmation as yet, it could be too late to instigate it into the rules. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the super sub is added.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Mister Wright said:
No confirmation as yet, it could be too late to instigate it into the rules. However, I wouldn't be surprised if the super sub is added.
Didn't they try something similar a few years ago? Having 12 players play?

Or am I dreaming it? :blink:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
SquidAU said:

Batting and bowling 12th men. It's a slightly different concept.

Mister Wright

SquidAU said:

It wasn't a supersub. Teams would name 12 players with 11 batting and 11 fielding. However technically 12 players could bowl. Different concept to that of a supersub where a player gets replaced.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
12 players couldn't bowl, Kyle. 11 could bat and 11 could bowl, meaning one player would bowl but not be able to bat and another would bat but not be able to bowl.

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
burkey_1988 said:
12 players couldn't bowl, Kyle. 11 could bat and 11 could bowl, meaning one player would bowl but not be able to bat and another would bat but not be able to bowl.
So...similar, but different? :p

I wonder if there will be TV or radio coverage of the Twenty20 comp.....and if crowds even turn up to it.... :sleep:

Mister Wright

burkey_1988 said:
Really? I'm pretty sure teams were able to rotate 12 players on the field no matter what. But, it was a long time ago.

Mister Wright

SquidAU said:
So...similar, but different? :p

I wonder if there will be TV or radio coverage of the Twenty20 comp.....and if crowds even turn up to it.... :sleep:
I'd say they will be on t.v. at least radio. The final will definitely be shown.