Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    I also hope Watson is dropped from the Aussie one day side, so he can get a full season with Queensland.
    Well thats would be good for him but unless the super-sub rule is used during the VB series & 3 ODI's in NZ i dont think he will be dropped.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    You're so stubborn about this crap, really. Bracken averaged 18 last year, and Thornley in the high 50s. You don't think they contributed to New South Wales winning the Pura Cup?
    Do you always have to use one of these: to indicate when you are not serious?
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by aussie
    Well thats would be good for him but unless the super-sub rule is used during the VB series & 3 ODI's in NZ i dont think he will be dropped.
    He should be dropped to gain more experience in both forms, not saying that it will happen though.

As I understand it, Damien Martyn - ever since he became an established member of both the Test and ODI sides - has lived in Melbourne and, on the rare occasions that he has represented Western Australia, has just commuted back to his 'home' state. However, given that he has now been dumped from the Test side and presumably will be playing a great deal more domestic cricket, does anyone know who he will be turning out for - WA (in which case he'd probably have to move to the other side of the country, or VIC? Because, as I understand it, he has a contract with neither, as he is a Cricket Australia contracted player.
    Last edited by howardj; 19-09-2005 at 10:42 PM.

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    As I understand it, Damien Martyn - ever since he became an established member of both the Test and ODI sides - has lived in Melbourne and, on the rare occasions that he has represented Western Australia, has just commuted back to his 'home' state. However, given that he has now been dumped from the Test side and presumably will be playing a great deal more domestic cricket, does anyone know who he will be turning out for - WA (in which case he'd probably have to move to the other side of the country, or VIC? Because, as I understand it, he has a contract with neither, as he is a Cricket Australia contracted player.
    As a contacted player you can play for whichever team you like. I doubt he will. I get a feeling he loves to play for W.A. Ricky Ponting is in a similar situation and plays for Tasmania but lives in N.S.W.

Queensland and W.A. will be tough to beat now, with Hayden & Martyn spending more time with both sides.

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    NSW will be really hard to beat this season as much as i hate them. For Victoria it will be a rebuilding season with Elliott, Harvey and possibly Hodge missing (for Australia) its hard to see were they will get there runs from. Crosthwaite, White and Hussey i would think would need to take a huge step up this season. For bowling its just a case of who will help Lewis and Warne (when hes playing) out again they will struggle to take the 20 wickets in a match. Qld will be there abouts again with Hayden getting back and helping out.

My predicted Pura Cup Table:

NSW
    QLD
    WA
    SA
    TAS
    VIC

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I dunno, with Bracken a regular fixture in the Test, ODI and soon World sides, NSW will prob finish last.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

International Vice-Captain mikeW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden
    I dunno, with Bracken a regular fixture in the Test, ODI and soon World sides, NSW will prob finish last.
    i hope your joking

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    You hope my joking what? Hang on... I don`t even have a joking.

You`re not making any sense, prodigy. And yes, `tis a joke

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    As a contacted player you can play for whichever team you like. I doubt he will. I get a feeling he loves to play for W.A. Ricky Ponting is in a similar situation and plays for Tasmania but lives in N.S.W.

Queensland and W.A. will be tough to beat now, with Hayden & Martyn spending more time with both sides.
    I read an article in the paper here in which he said hed like to go back to WA once he's finished with the Australian team... I dont know if that applies in this circumstance. I hope not....

"I know I underperformed but after the past 18 months I thought I might have received more than four Test matches' grace."
    - DR Martyn.

"Is there any way to make it longer?"
    Peter English on Twenty20

Official Face of the v. hip 'Twenty20 Is Boring Society'

Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda
    I read an article in the paper here in which he said hed like to go back to WA once he's finished with the Australian team... I dont know if that applies in this circumstance. I hope not....
    Do you mean to live or to play?

One thing is for sure, early performances will be scrutinised more intensely than they have for quite a number of seasons.
    Only two states to be in - Queensland and drunk.

International Vice-Captain Linda's Avatar
    Do you mean to live or to play?
    Play I guess. Ill see if I can find the article.

Edit: No, I wont. I just realised it was a newspaper article... theres no way itll be available on the net.
    Last edited by Linda; 20-09-2005 at 07:19 AM.

If they brand him, like Bevan, In the 'Never to Play Again' category. I can't see him having the passion to play on with WA
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

I wonder how the Queensland selectors will approach this season? It could be a real changing of the guard or dad's army depending on how they go. With players like Hayden, Maher, Love, Secombe, Bichel, Kaspa, Dawes well over thirty but still performing well could stifle the development of their young batsmen and particularly bowlers like Mitchell Johnson. How much longer will Hartley stay without getting a game?

We should still be a force, but I worry about losing more of our good young players to other states.

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread Information