• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Eclipse

International Debutant
Watson looking good and so is this bowler Ben Hilfenhousen on debute. unlucky not to have a wicket..

getting good movement and pace and bowling an impressive length.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I love watching state matches, especially when the stars are in there. How gold was Symonds` innings? :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
That was an exciting finish to that match. Maher batted well and I thought Doherty bowled superbly. Looking forward to NSW v SA tomorrow :)

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Eclipse said:
I would like to see that :p

Go Marto!!! :D
Haha, oh dear, what have I said....

Whats with all the weird names today? Tasmania importing from Germany these days?

howardj

International Coach
Be interesting to see how Dan Cullen performs this week against NSW at the SCG in the Pura Cup fixture. Ive got huge hopes for this guy. Apparently he's got a pretty decent doosra.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
howardj said:
Be interesting to see how Dan Cullen performs this week against NSW at the SCG in the Pura Cup fixture. Ive got huge hopes for this guy. Apparently he's got a pretty decent doosra.
I think it's more for show than anything. Pretty easy to pick.

Looking forward to Peter Siddle making his debut for Victoria, be some sort of baptism of fire bowling to the WA outfit. Good to hear that Doherty bowled well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Greg Blewett just copped the worst decision in ING Cup history!

Don't know about the SA line-up. After blooding all those young batsmen last year, they only have Ferguson in at No.6 (and Borgas, who I think is an all-rounder as super-sub).

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Ball jagged back off McGrath, hit Blewett on the back thigh, went over the stumps by a good distance, and missed his bat by ages, and there was a half appeal and he was given.

3/77 off 19. Hope to see Gary Putland take wickets for South Australia too...

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Cricinfo doing coverage again.........which is about 1000000000% better than CA can do!

McGrath bowled his 10 right through. Lee getting smashed around a bit.

C'Mon Redbacks!

Cricinfo guy dry humour action happening!

And thus ends the powerplay overs with NSW in an unexpected move taking them immediately, a trick not seen since.... well yesterdays game oh joy
Glenn McGrath is done for the day and the super bitsa sub player
Aaron O'Brien comes on to replace him, sadly we will not get to
see his bowling today

jlo33692

U19 Debutant
vic_orthdox said:
Ball jagged back off McGrath, hit Blewett on the back thigh, went over the stumps by a good distance, and missed his bat by ages, and there was a half appeal and he was given.

3/77 off 19. Hope to see Gary Putland take wickets for South Australia too...
Is Rudi Kurtson umpiring again? 8-)

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Redback are gonna have to get a bit of a wriggle on.......RR of 3.83 is not nearly enough for this NSW batting lineup. And since Tait is out injured, the bowling is less.....scary.

EDIT: And just as I complain about the lack of runs, Manou goes ahead and smashes Bracken for a Sixer, after being given a life by Katich! :p

Last edited:

Eclipse

International Debutant
Calllum Fergeson looks a fantastic young batsman.. would not be supprised if he plays for Australia..

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Eclipse said:
Calllum Fergeson looks a fantastic young batsman.. would not be supprised if he plays for Australia..
Jeez, it would actually be nice if I could SEE this game......friggin local TV station sucks!

Good to see no batting collapse. With Lehmann back, it seems to add some backbone to the batting lineup. :D

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
cricinfo is funny:

42.3 Bracken to Lehmann, FOUR, juicy thigh high full toss swung easily
out to midwicket
42.4 Bracken to Lehmann, FOUR, is that a replay? nope its exactly the
same rubbish ball with exactly the same result

:laugh:

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
6/245 certainly looks better than it could have been early on.....

The Redbacks just need to keep the bowling tight now and hopefully get a couple of early wickets!

Bloody well better beat the Bluebaggers....god, I hate NSWelshman! :p
But not more than Victorians! :ph34r:

EDIT: After 12 overs, bloody NSW are 0/66 and it seems the Redback bowlers are lacking penetration.....and getting rotten decisions from the umpires!

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
chaminda_00 said:
His not over-rated yet, but with the all these people starting to think his is some guys that going to keep Australia on top of Test cricket, his going to become over-rated very soon. Give him a couple good matches and people will start saying that his better them most current Test Cricketers, mark my words.
Mate, when you've hardly done anything in first class or list-A cricket and you are getting selected for Australia 'A' tours on pace alone you are over-rated.