• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australian Domestic Season 2005/06 thread

Linda

International Vice-Captain
The news and radio gave me most of that. How crap is that site, it even goes backwards.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Linda said:
The news and radio gave me most of that. How crap is that site, it even goes backwards.
The cricket.com.au site has to be one of the worst ever for live scores. It is a joke. Give it back to cricinfo for the sake of the fans. Or maybe this is a Cricket Australia ploy to get more people to games to buy over priced pies, chips and beer? :-O

Linda

Mister Wright said:
The cricket.com.au site has to be one of the worst ever for live scores. It is a joke. Give it back to cricinfo for the sake of the fans. Or maybe this is a Cricket Australia ploy to get more people to games to buy over priced pies, chips and beer? :-O
Dont forget kebabs. I bought one for $9.

Maher v Hussey? Hmm lets see..
25.76 v 123.5 :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Hehe, good work by Matthew Inness. Disappointing, in a way, to see Hodge come back. Would have been good to see Lloyd Mash play his first game, if only because he is one of the better named cricketers going around.

cameeel

International Captain
Must be a bad batting wicket or something over in Perth

WA: 142
VIC: 6/199

Not many runs scored at all

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
cameeel said:
Must be a bad batting wicket or something over in Perth

WA: 142
VIC: 6/199

Not many runs scored at all
The report in the paper was that, after a run feast in the 2nd XI game played there last week, the curator left a lot more grass on it. Providing a lot for the seamers, just for a change at the WACA :p

howardj

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
The report in the paper was that, after a run feast in the 2nd XI game played there last week, the curator left a lot more grass on it. Providing a lot for the seamers, just for a change at the WACA :p
Seems like the curators at the WACA and Gabba go way over the top in preparing 'result' wickets. You don't have to prepare a 'greentop' to get a result in a four day game. I don't think it does the batsmen any good at all. More broadly, in my view, there's been a marked deterioration in the Pura Cup wickets over the last few years. In the 1990's, to get the attention of the selectors, you'd have to get 1000 runs in the season. These days, because of the inferior, result oriented pitches, not many batsmen get anywhere near that.

Crazy Sam

International 12th Man
though it's better than teams not even getting past their first innings at the WACA because the pitch is more of a road.

howardj

International Coach
Crazy Sam said:
though it's better than teams not even getting past their first innings at the WACA because the pitch is more of a road.
The bounce and pace of the pitch always ensures you'll get decent returns, if you bowl well, at the WACA

Linda

I must say, I like a bit of variety. Batsman can go to the Adelaide Oval and score loads of runs, bowlers can go to the WACA and knock some heads off :p

howardj

International Coach
Linda said:
I must say, I like a bit of variety. Batsman can go to the Adelaide Oval and score loads of runs, bowlers can go to the WACA and knock some heads off :p
Your mate, Marto, wouldn't appreciate having to fight his way back into the Aus team on the WACA wicket. Let's hope he posts a 'biggy' in the 2nd dig.