Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 354
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: Hadlee, Khan, Dev, Botham - Who was the best allrounder?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Upper Ferntree Gully, Victoria
    Posts
    1,073

    Hadlee, Khan, Dev, Botham - Who was the best allrounder?

    I think it was Khan.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,957
    In my opinion, Hadlee was the best bowler, Botham the best batsman, Imran probably the best all-rounder.
    It's cold on the outside they say
    But the cold leaves you clear while the heat leaves a haze

  3. #3
    Hall of Fame Member aussie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Fine Leg/Technical Area
    Posts
    17,446
    Yea Khan, Richie Benaud picked him in his greatest XI of the 20th century.....

  4. #4
    International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    3,043
    khan or botham imo.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.


  5. #5
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    The Old Flintoff.
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

  6. #6
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Best bowler:

    Hadlee
    Khan
    Kapil
    Botham.

    Best batsman:

    Imran
    Botham
    Kapil
    Hadlee

    Best allrounder:

    Imran
    Kapil
    Hadlee
    Botham.

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Upper Ferntree Gully, Victoria
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Best bowler:

    Hadlee
    Khan
    Kapil
    Botham.

    Best batsman:

    Imran
    Botham
    Kapil
    Hadlee

    Best allrounder:

    Imran
    Kapil
    Hadlee
    Botham.
    Good choices.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  8. #8
    Hall of Fame Member steds's Avatar
    Breakout Champion!
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    ****ing cold and ****ing wet
    Posts
    17,205
    Simon O'Donnell.


    ...no wait

  9. #9
    PY
    PY is offline
    International Coach PY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    10,740
    I've tried to answer this before and been shot down so I'll ask this time.

    Is it at their very best or overall? Ability to change a game? Longevity of career?

    Few questions to ponder.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

    - Stephen Currie

    "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Upper Ferntree Gully, Victoria
    Posts
    1,073
    Quote Originally Posted by PY
    I've tried to answer this before and been shot down so I'll ask this time.

    Is it at their very best or overall? Ability to change a game? Longevity of career?

    Few questions to ponder.
    Overall.

    Thus it incorporates all the aspects you listed amongst all other criteria.
    Fred Tetanus likes this.

  11. #11
    Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    63,002
    And then certain people just write off the Englishman regardless of criteria.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

    Anyone want to join the Society?

    Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

  12. #12
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,511
    as an all-rounder, imran first, botham second, kapil third and hadlee fourth....of these first and second positions are arguable especially when you consider botham's catching record(100+ catches i think), but imran was a significantly better bowler and at least comparable as a batsman so my choice is imran...

  13. #13
    C_C
    C_C is offline
    International Captain C_C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    World
    Posts
    6,990
    Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    as an all-rounder, imran first, botham second, kapil third and hadlee fourth....of these first and second positions are arguable especially when you consider botham's catching record(100+ catches i think), but imran was a significantly better bowler and at least comparable as a batsman so my choice is imran...
    He was a significantly better batsman than Botham, also a significantly better bowler and captain. Only place Imran was behind is catching.
    I am sorry but comparing someone who maintains a 50+ batting ave. for over 50 matches and 27-28 batting ave against the WI to someone who never even averaged 40+ with the bat for 50 matches and 19-20 batting ave against the WI is just ridiculous.Saying that Botham was a better batsman than Imran simply because he scored more tons is like saying Azhar was a better batsman than Gillchrist because he scored more tons.
    Ie, utter tosh.

  14. #14
    Hall of Fame Member Sanz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,230
    As an allrounder, Botham, Kapil, Imran, Hadlee.

    As a bowler Hadlee, Imran, Kapil, Botham

    As a Batsman Botham, Imran, Kapil, Hadlee.

  15. #15
    International Coach Anil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Tattooine
    Posts
    13,511
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    He was a significantly better batsman than Botham, also a significantly better bowler and captain. Only place Imran was behind is catching.
    I am sorry but comparing someone who maintains a 50+ batting ave. for over 50 matches and 27-28 batting ave against the WI to someone who never even averaged 40+ with the bat for 50 matches and 19-20 batting ave against the WI is just ridiculous.Saying that Botham was a better batsman than Imran simply because he scored more tons is like saying Azhar was a better batsman than Gillchrist because he scored more tons.
    Ie, utter tosh.
    where did i say botham was definitely a better batsman..? when i said "at least comparable", i meant at the very least equal, towards the latter half of his career, imran became a very good batsman, he was always technically superior to botham but when he started concentrating on his batting and bowling less and less, he built up an impressive record as a very good middle-order batsman for pakistan, and justified his place in a pak side brimming over with batting talent...having said that no one can really dispute botham's instinctive brilliance with the bat and his match-winning abilities and averages alone don't tell the story in botham's case...these two are the best all-rounders of the four and along with sobers, the 3 greatest all-rounders ever....placing botham last in that list isn't supported by stats or by people who watched him play....and captaincy doesn't come into the picture when you discuss all-round playing talent...

Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Do you know that!
    By cricket player in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 22-06-2005, 03:42 AM
  2. Pre-Season Trade Discussion
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 29-01-2005, 06:30 PM
  3. Cricket Memoribilia
    By SOL in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-06-2004, 12:52 AM
  4. Challenge of pakistan
    By harry674 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:07 PM
  5. ESPN's legends of cricket series
    By hourn in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 13-12-2002, 04:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •