• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

5 Top cricketers in each country's history. Test and ODI's.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
w.i

sobers
lara
viv
marshall
ambrose

india

tendulkar
gavaskar
kapil
dravid
kumble

n.z

turner
hadlee
m crowe
c cairns
sutcliffe

australia

bradman
g.s chappell
lillee
mcgrath
warne

england

hobbs
botham
hammond
knott
trueman

s.l

a de silva
ranatunga
jayasuriya
vaas
murali

pakistan

miandad
imran
akram
waqar
inzi

s.a

b richards
g pollock
donald
procter
kallis

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anil said:
w.i

sobers
lara
viv
marshall
ambrose

india

tendulkar
gavaskar
kapil
dravid
kumble

n.z

turner
hadlee
m crowe
c cairns
sutcliffe

australia

bradman
g.s chappell
lillee
mcgrath
warne

england

hobbs
botham
hammond
knott
trueman

s.l

a de silva
ranatunga
jayasuriya
vaas
murali

pakistan

miandad
imran
akram
waqar
inzi

s.a

b richards
g pollock
donald
procter
kallis
Is this just test cricket?? Allan Knott one of Englands top 5 in history....Big Call.

Shoaib

Banned
zinzan12 said:
PAKISTAN.....

TEST
Imran Khan
Javed Miandad
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Inzamam-ul-haq

ODI
Imran Khan
Javed Miandad
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Saeed Anwar
Asian Bradman Zaheer Abbas should've be there in that test list instead of Waqar.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
zinzan12 said:
Is this just test cricket?? Allan Knott one of Englands top 5 in history....Big Call.
well...he was a true legend of the game and one of the greatest 'keepers ever, in any case it is my list, you are welcome to disagree... :D

Shoaib

Banned
Its really a pity that you guys always forget Saleem Malik and Shoaib Mohammad.Both of these men have very impressive test career records.

Last edited:

Shoaib

Banned
King_Ponting said:
saleem malik the match fixer?
Yeah, but his record would've been lot better if he were not a match fixer.Personally,I hate him but have to believe that he was a very good player.For him,playing against the spin was as easy as taking a cup of tea.And he has played more than a 100 tests with an average of around 44 despite involved in match fixing.

Last edited:

tooextracool

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
ENGLAND.....
ODI
Marcus Trescothick
Andrew Flintoff
Graeme Hick
Darren Gough
Allan Lamb
marcus trescothick? come now.
mine would look something like this:
Hick
Knight
Smith
Mullally
Gough

Langeveldt

Soutie
Shoaib said:
Its really a pity that you guys always forget Saleem Malik and Shoaib Mohammad.Both of these men have very impressive test career records.
Yeah, Hansie Cronje wasn't bad against spin either :@

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
King_Ponting said:
Hahaha i remeber hansie getting out to darren lehmann caught on the boundary off a long hop.....
Yeah, no-one would have betted folding money on that happening. Oh, hang on...

Zinzan

tooextracool said:
marcus trescothick? come now.
mine would look something like this:
Hick
Knight
Smith
Mullally
Gough
I'll assume you've seen Trescothicks oneday record TEC?? I can't be that far off the mark...Although Knight and Mullally are good calls i'm not so sure about Robin Smith (assuming your not meaning Chris Smith with his strike rate of 45) :p

tooextracool

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
I'll assume you've seen Trescothicks oneday record TEC?? I can't be that far off the mark...Although Knight and Mullally are good calls i'm not so sure about Robin Smith (assuming your not meaning Chris Smith with his strike rate of 45) :p

trescos average is 37.72, which probably comes down further when you exclude bangladesh. theres no question that hes a decent ODI batsman, but to put him amongst the top 5 english players of all time is just insulting given his inconsistency.
and yes i was referring to robin smith averaging 39 who was quite a player given the era in which he played ODI cricket in. for me it would be a close call between neil fairborther and robin smith, both of whom were fine ODI players.

Zinzan

tooextracool said:
trescos average is 37.72, which probably comes down further when you exclude bangladesh. theres no question that hes a decent ODI batsman, but to put him amongst the top 5 english players of all time is just insulting given his inconsistency.
and yes i was referring to robin smith averaging 39 who was quite a player given the era in which he played ODI cricket in. for me it would be a close call between neil fairborther and robin smith, both of whom were fine ODI players.
Its not just trescos healthy oneday avrage of 37 that impressed me, it was his fantastic strike rate of 87 !!

Neil Fairbrother was indeed a very handy and underated oneday player

dinu23

International Debutant
for SL.
test: murali,aravinda,sanath,vaas,arjuna
ODI: same

I could name some players from the 80s like Roy Dias, Sidath Wethamuni, Rumesh rathnayake. but their careers were too short.

tooextracool

International Coach
zinzan12 said:
Its not just trescos healthy oneday avrage of 37 that impressed me, it was his fantastic strike rate of 87 !!
yes but his average falls significantly against australia(31), SA(27) and NZ(8).