• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Battle of the Cricketers

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I'm keeping Bradman and Sobers in for the moment, lets let all the Antipodeans have their viewpoint (and anyone else)

R Dravid (India) (RHB, OS)

Knopfler, Bevan is on the list of 54.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I nominate Jack Hobbs (england) of course no idea how really good he was but im shocked he wasnt in the list.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
That's kind of the point, so you can point out any gaping blunders I've made by leaving people out.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
Cheers lads.

IN: BS Bedi (India) (RHB, SLA)

Chanderpaul, Dravid and Bedi extras so far.

7 spaces left.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
An excerpt from the CricketWeb dictionary:

Batt-le-it-is

1. Symptom of being hit in the head with a cricket bat.
2. Wounds received during a battle or war.
3. When there are far too many "Battle theads" on a forum.
4. What Jason Gillespie must have contracted before the Ashes tour.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Jamee999 said:
If you're feeling generous bharani, can you edit your post for me, I'll no doubt get confused and waste sometime trying to work out who people have nominated and stuff :)
Done :)

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
You may nominate one player and second two.
CC said:
I nominate Bedi, Chanderpaul,Bobby Simpson, Everton Weekes and Gupte.
Anywho. I'll accept them all to not be confusing, but I might not be so kind if I'm online!

IN MA Holding (West Indies) (RHB, RF)
IN JB Hobbs (England) (RHB, RM)
IN ED Weekes (West Indies) (RHB, LB)
IN BS Chandrasekhar (India) (RHB, LB)

I think that's all for now, 3 spaces left.