• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tardy over rates in the Ashes

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
I am not the one who keeps crying about ASIAN BIAS at every given opportunity. As for the Ignore List, all I can say is :laugh: :scared: :lol: :crybaby: :laugh:
All you can say is a string of nonsensical emoticons then? Righto.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
FaaipDeOiad said:
All you can say is a string of nonsensical emoticons then? Righto.
Anything more than that would have been like giving too much importance to his public announcement.

C_C

International Captain
archie mac said:
I meant the Australian and England present sides. As at this moment in time they have the best fast bowling attacks. I was just making the point they have not changed the law to now help their own attacks.

I don't think batsman have ever been able to be dismissed for a ball pitching out side leg in the history of Test Cricket. I may be wrong but I can't remember ever reading that.
Because neither of the Aussie or the english sides are 'bounce em and get em' kinda bowling attacks in its entirity. McGrath is not a bounce-em kinda bowler....only Lee and perhaps Gillespie is from Australia. From England, only Flintoff and Harmison are....which is in contrast to the WI back then.
And given The ICC's track record, i wouldnt be too surprised if they changed the rules AGAIN to keep OZ and ENG near the top sometime soon.
Ofcourse, they couldnt do it under Dalmiya.....but in the future, i wouldnt bet against it!

C_C

International Captain
Or could it be that Lee doesn't chuck?

Hey I never knew you were an expert on the subject (then you again you like to moan that anybody is black is always the unfair targeted party and your mate Sanz is no better).

IMO you are going on like a broken record.
Whether he chucks or not cannot be determined from the naked eye.
But what is plain for everyone to see, is that his action is just as 'questionable' as a certain long haired Asian speed supremo with 'hyperextension'.
And mate, blacks have always been the unfair targets in a euro-centric world for the last 400-500 years. You would have to convince me that a certain thing is exception to this rule than otherwise.

C_C

International Captain
Also the ball tampering was nothing to do with rumours, I remember the last tour this country made - they were shown picking the seam against England and it was all swept under the carpet.
It has everything to do with rumours.
For one or two odd clippings over 3-4 seconds prove nothing. By the same extension, entire english team are ball tamperers as well, since there is just as 'valid' evidence from Mike Atherton and his 'dirt in the pocket' incident.

C_C

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
No, it isn't - Murali flexes more than McGrath.
INCORRECT.
Murali flexes more than McGrath ONLY for his doosra, which is still under various fast bowler's 'effort balls'.
Murali's flexion for his standard offspinner is UNDER McGrath's flexion.

C_C

International Captain
Scaly piscine said:
Yes I do, the way I see it is you have a certain amount of uncontrollable flex which is caused by the arm speed, so anything above this I'd say is controllable and something the bowlers should be looking to get rid of.

I've no idea whether that figure you quote is accurate by the way.

And who are you to determine what is controllable and uncontrollable, when biomechanists themselves say that given Murali's armspeed, the flexion is very much consistent.
Flexion is a quotient of arm speed, not a set standard amount that every human flexes exactly.
Nevermind the fact that no two humans are the same and what is controllable for you may be just beyond controllable for me.
If you wish to look at the accuracy of my figures, please do read through the various articles pertaining to the chucking controversy in the media.

C_C

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Made a hell of a difference.

Got to number 1 with "When will I see you again?"

If Murali flexing 3 degrees more than McGrath for his effort ball(doosra) makes a helluva difference, then surely, McGrath's 2-3 degree extra flexion over Murali for his standard deliveries(compared to murali's stock ball) makes a helluva difference ?
And given that no bowler is bowling effort balls after effort balls, it means McGrath is benifitting from his flexion far more often than Murali......correcto ?
And then, given your logic, it means that if anyone should be banned, it should be McGrath first, Murali second, not the other way round.

C_C said:
INCORRECT.
Murali flexes more than McGrath ONLY for his doosra, which is still under various fast bowler's 'effort balls'.
Murali's flexion for his standard offspinner is UNDER McGrath's flexion.
Bottom line.

Please take note of this and shut up, Murali haters.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh right, I didn't know the ICC or whoever had released all the data - someone show me where on the internet it is then, not interested in speculation from the media.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
If Murali flexing 3 degrees more than McGrath for his effort ball(doosra) makes a helluva difference, then surely, McGrath's 2-3 degree extra flexion over Murali for his standard deliveries(compared to murali's stock ball) makes a helluva difference ?
And given that no bowler is bowling effort balls after effort balls, it means McGrath is benifitting from his flexion far more often than Murali......correcto ?
And then, given your logic, it means that if anyone should be banned, it should be McGrath first, Murali second, not the other way round.
You could read all that from the fact that I pointed out that The Three Degrees got to Number 1 in the UK hit parade with "When Will I See You Again?" in July 1974?

How?

C_C

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
You could read all that from the fact that I pointed out that The Three Degrees got to Number 1 in the UK hit parade with "When Will I See You Again?" in July 1974?

How?

D-OH!
<homer runs away being scared of the broom>
:p

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
C_C said:
D-OH!
<homer runs away being scared of the broom>
:p
Putting the record straight, I LOVE Murali.

There has to be a place in the game for hypnosis as well as witchcraft.

archie mac

International Coach
C_C said:
Because neither of the Aussie or the english sides are 'bounce em and get em' kinda bowling attacks in its entirity. McGrath is not a bounce-em kinda bowler....only Lee and perhaps Gillespie is from Australia. From England, only Flintoff and Harmison are....which is in contrast to the WI back then.
And given The ICC's track record, i wouldnt be too surprised if they changed the rules AGAIN to keep OZ and ENG near the top sometime soon.
Ofcourse, they couldnt do it under Dalmiya.....but in the future, i wouldnt bet against it!
I rate the Windies sides of the mid 80s as some of the best teams in the history of the game. I was happy about the rule change though, as some of the best strokes were being taken out of the game against the Windies pace bowlers.

Craig

World Traveller
C_C said:
Whether he chucks or not cannot be determined from the naked eye.
But what is plain for everyone to see, is that his action is just as 'questionable' as a certain long haired Asian speed supremo with 'hyperextension'.
And mate, blacks have always been the unfair targets in a euro-centric world for the last 400-500 years. You would have to convince me that a certain thing is exception to this rule than otherwise.
Don't give me any of that.

So if S-hoaib is a chucker then so is Lee?

Shounak

Banned
Craig said:
Don't give me any of that.

So if S-hoaib is a chucker then so is Lee?
Depends on the objective measurements, in terms of degrees of flexion.

ICC should just lay down an objective rule. But not something like 15 for everyone. I much prefer the previous rule (or is the current one) where the type of bowler has certain limits of flexion.

Slow Love™

International Captain
shounak said:
I would never, ever has guessed this. Where'd you get the data from?
By drawing a long bow, I'm guessing. :)

I'm not sure whether it has a real basis. The only info on this that I remember is that McGrath confessed to having been tested at around 12 degrees flexion at some stage. As far as we know, Murali was recently lab tested at around 10 degrees for the doosra (after remedial work). I'm not sure whether McGrath was talking about rare deliveries (or "effort balls") on his part, or on average or what - I don't think he ever got that specific.

If C_C has detailed info on this though, I wouldn't mind hearing it either. I'm certainly not motivated to go after Murali or anything, I'd just be fascinated, 'cause the info so far on all this has been very limited.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shounak said:
I would never, ever has guessed this. Where'd you get the data from?
That's what I've been wanting to know... you can get any figures (10 degrees, 20 degrees etc.) you like if you get them from the media.