Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tardy over rates in the Ashes

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Really ?? I thought it existed only with Sourav Ganguly.
    No, in Tests it is a problem with every team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    So you don't think for example Lords where the physio was out to look at batsmen 3 times in the first hour and 10 wickets fell in 2 session are extenuating circumstances?
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Regular King_Ponting's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by C_C
    Will either side get fined or will the umpires, as usual, turn a blind eye ?
    In the first test, England and Australia were both adrift of the over rate.
    Didnt follow the second test, so dont know.
    In this test so far, OZ had to use 30 extra minutes and still came an over short ( scheduled close is at 5:30, play continued till 6:00 pm).

Of course because either team isnt indian

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Ponting
    Of course because either team isnt indian

Bingo.
    Mate, historically ICC/MCC has taken a pro Aussie/English tilt to the proceedings.
    If warney was black and in the 1950s, his 'pitch it into the rough and then get it to spin across the batsman' would've been promptly negated by altering the lbw rules ( which they actually did).

I suppose Inzamam getting extended attention on the field and the groundskeeper comming out several times to lay sawdust on the bowling runup is 'not extenuating circumstances'.... but Strauss getting conked and ponting talking to warney 3-4 times an over and wasting time is 'definately extenuating circumstances'.

The ICC has a history of stuffing England as much as they possibly can and has an obvious Asian bias - the ICC themselves have pretty much admitted to this.
    World Scrabble Champion 2014. National Scrabble Champion 2009, 2015.
    Author of Word Addict
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    ECB - you are a complete ****ing disgrace, #FTECB

Icon10

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    The ICC has a history of stuffing England as much as they possibly can and has an obvious Asian bias - the ICC themselves have pretty much admitted to this.
    ICC AKA Imperial Cricket Conference for close to 70 years has a history of Stuffing England and has an obvious Asian Bias. Wow Now I have heard it all.

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine

Yeah, which is why the ICC's predecessor promptly changed the rules when Sonny Ramadhin and Alf Valentine bamboozled the english batsmen in THAT tour of England.
    Which is why when Lillee and Thommo sent bouncers after bouncers that sailed miles over the batsmen's head, it was okay and 'proper aggro' but when the WI did the very same thing with a higher level of success, it was suddenly 'unfair' and banned.
    Which is why when Hall elbows Youhana and they have words, both are fined but when Matty has some words with Jones because of Jones's needling, nobody gets fined.
    I suppose that is why ICC and Wisden and various other ango-based cricket authorities engage in smear-campaign against Dalmiya, despite the fact that Dalmiya vaulted cricket into a global sport and showed those sorry sods in Lords how to actually make cricket a financially lucrative sport.
    Yes, asian bias indeed.

i have heard lots of claims of asian bias on icc's part, does anyone have any concrete examples like what cc provided for the opposite view? i would be interested to know how that impression came about...??

I meant a recent history, who gives a crap about 70 years ago - look at the way England were threatened over playing Zimbabwe. Or the way a certain country has repeatedly gotten away with tampering with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Anil
    i have heard lots of claims of asian bias on icc's part, does anyone have any concrete examples like what cc provided for the opposite view? i would be interested to know how that impression came about...??
    What examples? They changed the bouncer rule, long after the WI fast bowling dominance had began to wane.

What law was changed to stop 'those little pals of mine' (more info please).

And dare I mention it, they bent over backwards to allow Murali to keep bowling. Also when a certain fast bowler was suspended for chucking, he was allowed to keep playing in the ODI.
    You know it makes sense.

C_C
    I meant a recent history, who gives a crap about 70 years ago - look at the way England were threatened over playing Zimbabwe. Or the way a certain country has repeatedly gotten away with tampering with the ball.
    Well if you dont give a crap of what happened 70 years ago, why do you give a crap over what happened 10 years ago ?
    And England were threatened over playing Zimbabwe and legitimately so.
    As per ball tampering, oh please. Saying that a 'certain nation has gotten away with tampering the ball' is like saying 'a certain nation has gotten away with extensive steroid and doping abuse'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    Also when a certain fast bowler was suspended for chucking, he was allowed to keep playing in the ODI.
    Who was that again?

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by archie mac
    What examples? They changed the bouncer rule, long after the WI fast bowling dominance had began to wane.

What law was changed to stop 'those little pals of mine' (more info please).

And dare I mention it, they bent over backwards to allow Murali to keep bowling. Also when a certain fast bowler was suspended for chucking, he was allowed to keep playing in the ODI.

Yes, indeed. Marshall, Ambrose, Walsh, Bishop(Mk-I) and Patterson were all 'waning prowess of WI pace bowling'.
    While they are regarded to be a slightly inferior bunch in terms of quality to Croft-Holding-Garner-Marshall-Roberts, they were still very much capable of pinging away the batsman and in those days, Pakistan was the only one who could challenge them in terms of bowling prowess.

As per what laws were changed, check the lbw law ammendment right after 'those lil pals of mine' terrorised the english batsmen.

And dare i mention it, ICC was pressurised to the hilt to ban Murali's legitimate bowling credentials.
    And a certain blonde express bowler was never made to go through the biomechanists and various other process and has been never called by umpires for chucking when it is avidly clear that his bowling is no less 'suspect' than a certain long haired brown pace bowler.

C_C
    Quote Originally Posted by Shane Warne
    Who was that again?
    Akhtar.

Banned
    Akhtar.
    Oh yah.

Well if you dont give a crap of what happened 70 years ago, why do you give a crap over what happened 10 years ago ?
    And England were threatened over playing Zimbabwe and legitimately so.
    As per ball tampering, oh please. Saying that a 'certain nation has gotten away with tampering the ball' is like saying 'a certain nation has gotten away with extensive steroid and doping abuse'.
    Fairly obvious why 10 years ago is far more relevant than 70 years ago. England were unfairly threatened and were the scapegoat for the ICC's awful handling of Zimbabwe. And that last comparison is complete tosh.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information