• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Isn't this super series idea looking a bit pointless now?

Surely it only made sense when Australia were the best by far and were completely dominating everybody.

Wasn't that why the whole idea was even thought up? In order to give Australia a challenge?

When they lose this series, which I now fully expect I think they should ditch the whole thing.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Even if Australia somehow lose the Ashes (which I still don't think will happen), they're the dominant side and at home won't be easy to beat. Anyway, I always thought it was a bit pointless - OK as a one-off, but it shouldn't have official Test status.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Bit early to write the Aussie side off SW, with a bit of luck they could be sitting pretty in this Test and if you add two they're right back in it.

England are giving you a fight, but are still underdogs in the series.

dinu23

International Debutant
the super series would lose its apeal if Aus lose the Ashes. But a voice in my head says they'll win it.

tooextracool

International Coach
good god, the ashes isnt even over yet. i find it extremely annoying how certain people come up with such absurd conclusions after less than 2 test matches. after the 1st test, it was about flintoff being useless, after 2.5 tests we now already believe that england are the best test team in the world. get over it.

twctopcat

International Regular
Not as if Warne didn't turn it now is it??? I think it was poor batting and some good bowling that has got us our noses in front, losing the toss, although obviously a factor, sounds like a pretty feeble excuse if u ask me.

greg

International Debutant
It's not our fault that when we win the toss on a wicket where it is a big advantage to bat, we bat 8-)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
good god, the ashes isnt even over yet. i find it extremely annoying how certain people come up with such absurd conclusions after less than 2 test matches. after the 1st test, it was about flintoff being useless, after 2.5 tests we now already believe that england are the best test team in the world. get over it.
well said TEC dont know whats wrong with these ppl :dry:

FaaipDeOiad said:
Yes it will.
I think that makes sense, or else the players have no motivation to give it their best and it could end up like a charity match, with someone like Lara bowling leggies for a laugh.