• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

england 2nd XI?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
BoyBrumby said:
My 2nd XI:

Scott Newman
Ali Cook
Mark Butcher*
Ed Joyce
Owais Shah
Paul Collingwood
Matt Prior+
Graeme Swann
Liam Plunkett
Chris Tremlett
Andy Caddick

If Butch & Caddy are both a bit long in the tooth for 2nd XI duties I'd replace them with Fat Bob & Kabir Ali respectively. Cook to captain.
Is that why you've got a star next to Butcher's name?

Craig

World Traveller
Woody_cloudofsm said:
By the way rob key is a joke there is now way he should be playing test cricket. He unfit out of shape and he scored teh worst doyuble hundred i have ever seen in my life wait justin langers 223 against india in 1998 at the scg was easily the worst well teh seond worst double hundred ever on a featherbed of a wicket against a bwloe par windies attack bowling two lengths all mach full or short. Not much of a CV rob key. Find a new job.
Eh? I did not understand it at all...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
aussie said:
but when picking an England A side we dont want to be looking at the old blokes like Hick & Ramprakash & Thorpe you got to pick players who would play in the future, similiar with Australia A dont want to be picking Elliot, Bevan etc....
I guess it depends on whether you're picking a "Second XI", or "The Second Best XI". It's obviously more beneficial long term to pick a "Second XI", but I don't think it's wrong, as such, for some of the people here to be picking their "Second Best XI".

a massive zebra

International Captain
If the England side is

Marcus Trescothick
Andrew Strauss
Michael Vaughan*
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Geraint Jones+
Ashley Giles
Matthew Hoggard
Steve Harmison
Simon Jones

12th Man: Paul Collingwood

then the England Second XI might be something like...

Scott Newman
Ali Cook
Rob Key
Ed Joyce
Owais Shah
Ben Smith
Chris Reid+
Chris Tremlett
John Lewis
James Anderson
Andy Caddick

12th man: Mark Davies

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
a massive zebra said:
If the England side is

Marcus Trescothick
Andrew Strauss
Michael Vaughan*
Rob Key
Kevin Pietersen
Andrew Flintoff
Geraint Jones+
Ashley Giles
Matthew Hoggard
Steve Harmison
Simon Jones

12th Man: Paul Collingwood

then the England Second XI might be something like...

Scott Newman
Ali Cook
Rob Key
Ed Joyce
Owais Shah
Ben Smith
Chris Reid+
Chris Tremlett
John Lewis
James Anderson
Andy Caddick

12th man: Mark Davies
I know Key's a bit on the big side, but playing in both sides?!