• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Philip Anthony Jaques

King_Ponting

International Regular
Nnanden said:
This guy would be playing for any other country if he wasn`t Australian. I`ve seen him play a few times and he looks awesome.

He`s 26 and I`d chuck him in the Test team, doesn`t have to open. Awesome bastman. Average of 55 at a strike-rate of 70 in FC cricket is incredible.

http://content.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/6060.html

What do you think?
Got to string a couple of good seasons together before i get on the bandwagon. Looked good tho in the matches i saw him tho

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I agree he should be in the team, but I think he's going to have to wait for a retirement in the top order somewhere, and even then he might be behind Hussey.

King_Ponting

International Regular
Nnanden said:
Does he need to be? His batting MORE than makes up for it.
I think the other problem is that jacques is an opener, whilst clarke is a middle order player. A position opened up in the australian team for a middle oder player, hence clarke got the oppurtunity to represent australia rather than jacques or hussey for that matter

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I believe without doubt he could dominate down the order.

I think he`s batting at five in this match for the Yorks. Heck, he batted at nine on his debut for NSW. :D

King_Ponting

International Regular
Nnanden said:
I believe without doubt he could dominate down the order.

I think he`s batting at five in this match for the Yorks. Heck, he batted at nine on his debut for NSW. :D
Play as a bowler did he?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hahah nah, must`ve been injured or summant. Did pretty well too I think. Second innings he opened.

Shounak

Banned
An average of 55 with only 5 not out's.. Impressive..

If Australia have more talent like that, they've got nothing to worry about when the 30+ brigade all retire.

King_Ponting

International Regular
shounak said:
An average of 55 with only 5 not out's.. Impressive..

If Australia have more talent like that, they've got nothing to worry about when the 30+ brigade all retire.
But if australia doesnt have any depth in the bowling departement and cant take 20 wickets a match then they wont be winning any games any time soon....

Shounak

Banned
King_Ponting said:
But if australia doesnt have any depth in the bowling departement and cant take 20 wickets a match then they wont be winning any games any time soon....
That's dead right.. I wonder if they'll ever be able to match the combined pair of McGrath and Warne. Obviously when shortlisting the list of potential successors, they all seem to fall way below the mark.

But would anyone have guessed 8 years ago that Warne would surpass 600 wickets and that McGrath would break Courtney Walsh's record.

However, we're still left with the question, who will be their successors? The only unequivocal succesor to an existing role in the Australian team is Clrarkey for Ponting. Don't think there'll be much argument there.

King_Ponting

International Regular
shounak said:
That's dead right.. I wonder if they'll ever be able to match the combined pair of McGrath and Warne. Obviously when shortlisting the list of potential successors, they all seem to fall way below the mark.

But would anyone have guessed 8 years ago that Warne would surpass 600 wickets and that McGrath would break Courtney Walsh's record.

However, we're still left with the question, who will be their successors? The only unequivocal succesor to an existing role in the Australian team is Clrarkey for Ponting. Don't think there'll be much argument there.
Well if cloning gets underway here in aus we might have found the solution.....