• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Englands next best spinner

Englands second best spinner

• Gareth Batty

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard Dawson

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • Chris Schofield

• Graeme Swann

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Gary Keedy

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Min Patel

• Jeremy Snape

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Jason Brown

• Ian Blackwell

• Shaun Udal

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hanuma said:
you make good points, but i feel there is a difference between shane warne who is a legend and a world class wrist spinner.

nevertheless, did you not see the turn that the sri lankan undre 19's were getting in the odi series....immense.
That is nonethless because it's late July/August - wristies become as useful in August as medium pace swing bowlers are in April, May, early June and late September!

I'm very much looking forward to seeing leggies coming through post-Warne - I'm a leggie myself, just a really, really crap one - but it's like Australia and all-rounders (or India and seamers) in that you can only work with the raw materials you have.

Hanuma

School Boy/Girl Captain
my point is that the "raw material" must surely be significant enough to create at least one top class wrist spinner every 20 years or so.

if it isnt then it means wrist spin is exclusively an art for the gods or that english people are **** at sport.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hanuma said:
my point is that the "raw material" must surely be significant enough to create at least one top class wrist spinner every 20 years or so.

if it isnt then it means wrist spin is exclusively an art for the gods or that english people are **** at sport.
So long as you're talking globally... since the war you have three - Kumble, Qadir and Warne.