• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best spinner other than Warne & Murali

Best spinner apart from Warne & Murali

• Kumble

Votes: 45 36.6%
  • Harbajan

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Kaneria

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Saqlain

Votes: 13 10.6%
  • Macgill

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Vettori

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Giles

Votes: 9 7.3%

• Total voters

Piper

International Captain
Have to go for Vettori... as ive said before hes a very clever player and knows what he wants from himself and his team mates....

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
sammy123 said:
i would say that murali is a lot better than warne tbh, wouldnt you agree?
Tread very very carefully there!

Just stick to the topic, thanks. We've been over it more times than Dean Jones has mentioned his 210 at Madras...

mofo123

U19 12th Man
Saqiiiiiiii, although kaneria after 28 matches has taken 12 more wickets then warne had and 5 more 5 wicket hauls and 1 more 10 wicket in a match...

sammy123

U19 Debutant
vic_orthdox said:
Tread very very carefully there!

Just stick to the topic, thanks. We've been over it more times than Dean Jones has mentioned his 210 at Madras...
what you mean?

i mean everyone has to agree that murali is the much more talented and creative bowler than warne is, i would pick him over warne for any match tbh.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
sammy123 said:
what you mean?

i mean everyone has to agree that murali is the much more talented and creative bowler than warne is, i would pick him over warne for any match tbh.
We've had a plethora of discussion over who is the best out of the two, and much of it has got out of hand. Read the threads below in the "Similar Threads" box for further details.

There's no need to bring up that argument again. Stick to the topic at hand - the best spin bowler, outside of those two, in the world.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
mofo123 said:
Saqiiiiiiii, although kaneria after 28 matches has taken 12 more wickets then warne had and 5 more 5 wicket hauls and 1 more 10 wicket in a match...
Saqqy isn't even in the Pakistan squad any more, can't believe he's #3 in the world...

Neil Pickup said:
Saqqy isn't even in the Pakistan squad any more, can't believe he's #3 in the world...
I hope to see him come back and be somewhat near his best.

It was good when we had the three of them all performing so well.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Umm, Kumble.

Bordering on all-time greatness, 400+ wickets, and if he played in the 80s he would be recognised for the great that he is. Unfortunately he was born in the same era as Warne and Murali.

Anyway, Kumble third in the world for mine, then you're tossing up between Harbhajan, Vettori, Kaneria and Macgill I suppose. Saqlain isn't even playing at the moment, so he doesn't qualify.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I remember before the famous 2001 series, when it was announced that Kumble was injured and would miss the series, John Wright said "I'd rather Sachin be out than Kumble" to the press. High praise, indeed.

C_C

International Captain
I think Kumble is definately a 'great' spinner.....just that Warne-Murali are better than him.