• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket's 10 Fastest Bowlers - Who are they?

King_Ponting

International Regular
honestbharani said:
So Balaji has bowled the fastest ball ever recorded? I knew that Indians would rule the fast bowling scene one day. :D
Nope nathan bracken got recorded at 169kms in a one dayer in australia. I rember seeing at and going wtf, but none of the commentators said anything.

King_Ponting

International Regular
honestbharani said:
Ah well... But I think 104+ miles is still greater than 169 K. So just let me have my moment, will you? :@

Kidding. :)
Hahah ok

Moment over 1 mile = 1.609344 kilometers therefore 104.9 miles = 168.820186 kilometers so 169 k's is faster if only by the smallest of margins.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
shounak said:
No way. If a spinner stuffs up, you've got time to adapt your shot, in order to dispense with the ball. I've faced 160 k balls from a bowling machine, if the ball overpitches a bit at that speed you hardly notice.

Well that's my personal opinion through the eyes of a recreational player, but I doubt I doubt it would be that much different for a world class batsman. Half a foot difference in pitch means hardly anything to the likes of Lee, Freddy or Shoaib. But what about half a foot for Murali or Warne. It's quite possibly the difference between a boundary or runs.
when u face that speed day in day out it becomes a reflex action(well not literally but sort of) but a spinner is slower so can require more effort and timing....meh either one depending on whos the batsmen and whos the bowler

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
King_Ponting said:
Nope nathan bracken got recorded at 169kms in a one dayer in australia. I rember seeing at and going wtf, but none of the commentators said anything.
Mwahahaha... Bracken the fastest bowler in the world?

Another string to my bow. :D

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah, it has been officially proved that Bracken and Balaji are the fastest bowlers in the world. Lee and Shoaib, you guys can hit the sack. :D

Shounak

Banned
mofo123 said:
when u face that speed day in day out it becomes a reflex action(well not literally but sort of) but a spinner is slower so can require more effort and timing....meh either one depending on whos the batsmen and whos the bowler
It becomes almost a reflex action after a few overs. My first few balls were laughable. The ball had hit the back of the nets with a thud before I got my bat completely up.

But all I'm saying is that in general length matters more to a spinner (Warne or Murali) then a fast bowler (Lee or Shoaib).

That's my theory.

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
i think you will find that with short delieveries the speedometer is skewed because teh ball doesnt travel in tehe air for long enough to calculate an accurate speed although its getting better these days but sometimes it still goes wrong like yesterday with lee, mcgrath down wind ive seen him hit 140's in australia last summer so if he bowled one effort ball at 87 miles i wouldnt be too suprised. 90 thats pushing it sumthing wrong there.

Don

State Vice-Captain
wat was balaji clocked at and when did this happen.ive been under a pebble for a while