• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

crow hop, how do you do it?

Kimbo

International Debutant
The biomechanical way to do a crow hop is to bring your back foot through to the toe side of your front foot. The old way is to bring your back foot to the heel side your front foot.
The old way takes your body out of line with the target...
which do you do?

I have found that the new way is much better once you get used to the footwork.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Only discovered the crow hop this weekend...

My right foot goes behind my left foot, they pretty much cross, then the left one goes out again, and then I throw the ball twice as far as I could before.

Gotchya

State Vice-Captain
Neil digging ?

yeah I do it the way, the new way, the back foot is almost by the side of the right foot. I can generate more power that way and ofcourse it keeps your body in line with stumps. Further you can keep your head steady at the crucial time.