• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Congratulations Dan Vettori

cbuts

International Debutant
crickhowell said:
Great achievment, 200 wickets, he is definatly one of Nz's best ever bowlers
i wouldnt see that. gotta remeber he has had the chance to paly a hell of alot more tests than most. look at his average and strike rate. really quiet poor

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shane Warne said:
Does anyone think Giles is better?
A few months ago there was a topic debating this, and I was quite surprised to see how many people believed Giles actually was better. I'm not Giles basher, but I'd take Vettori anyday.

Congrats to Vettori, hopefully he can get another 200 more. :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
For the record I think I said that I rate them pretty much equal - and I still maintain that comment now, although I imagine I shall be castigated for it.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
myself am a Giles fan(read msn name :) ) but I rate vettori way higher as a spinner and as a batsman. its just that me and Giles have more simalirities in bowling, but also in looks :) haha.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
For the record I think I said that I rate them pretty much equal - and I still maintain that comment now, although I imagine I shall be castigated for it.
I think many people rate Vettori higher because he's a more attacking bowler than Giles. Anyway, congratulations to Vettori - almost a genuine all-rounder now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Dasa said:
I think many people rate Vettori higher because he's a more attacking bowler than Giles. Anyway, congratulations to Vettori - almost a genuine all-rounder now.
Yes, I imagine that is a lot of the reasoning.

Mind you I wonder if that is due to the rest of the attack they bowl in?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
cricket player said:
He really does give hope to spinners such as my self haha.
A Hotpoint washing machine with variable spin cycle gives hope to spinners such as yourself.

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
kwek said:
myself am a Giles fan(read msn name :) ) but I rate vettori way higher as a spinner and as a batsman. its just that me and Giles have more simalirities in bowling, but also in looks :) haha.
You poor, poor man.

Piper

International Captain
I like Vettori as a cricketer... hes very clever when it comes to the game and a well deserved 200 :D

Beleg

International Regular
I have seen very little of Vettori and I don't rate his bowling much, but he certainly has the potential to become more than handy with the bat.

C_C

International Captain
Shane Warne said:
He's better than decent, he's good.

Nah.
Good would be harbhajan.
Great would be Murali-Warne-Kumble.
Decent would be Vettori.

C_C said:
Nah.
Good would be harbhajan.
Great would be Murali-Warne-Kumble.
Decent would be Vettori.
Nah.
Very good would be harbhajan.
Genius would be Warne-Murali
Great would be Kumble.
Decent would be Giles.
Good would be Vettori.

Woody_cloudofsm

School Boy/Girl Captain
man have u seen the green tops that newzealand curators come up with sometimes what about that home seris against india vettori hardly bowled an over man if you ask me vettori is the best left arm orthodox spin bowler in the world today a wonderfully talented batsman who could bat as high as 6 or 7 if he liked hes been puttin scotty styris to shame of late. When you compare his bowling to nicky boje ashley giles mohammad rafique enamal haque jnr. he is the best his veteran test record backs that up,,, who said giles was decent he is not ahhahahahahahaha, that ball to lara was lucky spun out of teh rough apart from that he hasnt done much with bat or ball.

C_C

International Captain
I dont think Vettori is better than Rafique to be honest.
Even on helpful pitches, he's done barely anything.