• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australians get off easy??

Shounak

Banned
Simon Jones got fined for pointing Hayden towards the pavillion, but what about all of the other fines that should've been handed out.

Anytime Shane Warne gets turned down by Aleem Dar in particular, his reactions can be unequivocally classified as dissent, not dissappointment. He reacted particularly bad to one of them in particular.

But let's rewind a few matches back, I think it was against NZ at the GABBA. Where Warne started screaming "look at the board" to Aleem Dar, when he called a delivery of his a wide because of his negative line.

Then you've got Ricky Ponting. He goes over and has a heated chat to the umpire, everytime a decision is turned down. He's not going over there in a friendly manner. There's usually raised voices, glaring and finger pointing. It's looking pretty similar to when a soccer (football) player is given a red card.

This sort of behaviour is simply not good enough on a cricket field and it should be punished accordingly.

shounak said:
Then you've got Ricky Ponting. He goes over and has a heated chat to the umpire, everytime a decision is turned down. He's not going over there in a friendly manner. .
Yet of course you fail to mention Vaughn doing the exact same thing.

Shounak

Banned
Shane Warne said:
Yet of course you fail to mention Vaughn doing the exact same thing.
Anyone with an age in double figures could easily spot the difference in body language. Ponting's accusing and finger pointing. Like they just stole a chocolate bar of him.

One would hardly get that impression from Vaughan's behaviour.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
shounak said:
Simon Jones got fined for pointing Hayden towards the pavillion, but what about all of the other fines that should've been handed out.

Anytime Shane Warne gets turned down by Aleem Dar in particular, his reactions can be unequivocally classified as dissent, not dissappointment. He reacted particularly bad to one of them in particular.

But let's rewind a few matches back, I think it was against NZ at the GABBA. Where Warne started screaming "look at the board" to Aleem Dar, when he called a delivery of his a wide because of his negative line.

Then you've got Ricky Ponting. He goes over and has a heated chat to the umpire, everytime a decision is turned down. He's not going over there in a friendly manner. There's usually raised voices, glaring and finger pointing. It's looking pretty similar to when a soccer (football) player is given a red card.

This sort of behaviour is simply not good enough on a cricket field and it should be punished accordingly.
I agree, it's not good when players behaving like footballers starts to become the norm. It shows up the umpire and is bad for the more gentlemanly image of Test cricket particularly. Australia have by no means been all bad, I think as a team they actually take defeats very gracefully when there's always an urge to come up with excuses and there has also been applauding other players, but there has to be fines meted out for the other stuff.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I dont know whether Warne should be fined or what but I am sure he will lose out on some decisions which had a chance of going in his favour since he is appealing with such great passion when he has absolutely no case. His credibilty is certainly suspect because of his appealing for wnything and everything with such a great "conviction" and the display of utter shock he puts up at being denied.

shounak said:
Anyone with an age in double figures could easily spot the difference in body language. Ponting's accusing and finger pointing. Like they just stole a chocolate bar of him.

One would hardly get that impression from Vaughan's behaviour.
Vaughn would end up doing that if EVERY decision had gone against his team as well, as was the case for Ponting at that point.

Shounak

Banned
Scaly piscine said:
I agree, it's not good when players behaving like footballers starts to become the norm. It shows up the umpire and is bad for the more gentlemanly image of Test cricket particularly. Australia have by no means by all bad, I think as a team they actually take defeats very gracefully when there's always an urge to come up with excuses and there has also been applauding other players, but there has to be fines meted out for the other stuff .
I agree. Kasper, Gillespie, Lee and even McGrath to a certain extent take everything pretty well. It's more Warne and Ponting I'm referring too.

To any of the more ripe members here, do you know if Lillee behaved in a dissentful manner towards umpires? I know he mouthed off players all the time, but umpires?

Shounak

Banned
Shane Warne said:
Vaughn would end up doing that if EVERY decision had gone against his team as well, as was the case for Ponting at that point.
That doesn't justify dissent.. Well it shouldn't anyway..

EVERY decision? Jeez, you're a drama queen.. Get over it. It's cricket. You take the good with the bad.

shounak said:
EVERY decision? Jeez, you're a drama queen.. Get over it. It's cricket. You take the good with the bad.
I'll agree with that if they, to use another silly cliche "even out" over the course of a series.

villaturk

Cricket Spectator
Is Shane Warne Related To Abdul"howzat"qadir!!!
Christ,he Appeals For Everything These Days,he Dont Need To Do That When Yourve Got Hes Ability,he Is Still Public Enemy Number1 To English Cricket Fans,you Should Of Heard The Crowd At Edgbaston When He Went For 100 In The Ist Inns

King_Ponting

International Regular
villaturk said:
Is Shane Warne Related To Abdul"howzat"qadir!!!
Christ,he Appeals For Everything These Days,he Dont Need To Do That When Yourve Got Hes Ability,he Is Still Public Enemy Number1 To English Cricket Fans,you Should Of Heard The Crowd At Edgbaston When He Went For 100 In The Ist Inns
Yeh and im sure giles would appeal for everythign he thought was out as well. By the way, try posting without the caps lock button on

Shounak

Banned
Shane Warne said:
I'll agree with that if they, to use another silly cliche "even out" over the course of a series.
Even if everything from Warney got turned down. KPP was wrongfully given out. The strength of the English batting minus KPP, would strongly suggest that everything did in fact even out.

But I remember when India where down here in Aus. Heaps of decisions went against India. I still haven't stopped wishing Bucknor will retire, but I certainly didn't see Ganguly or any Indian players harrassing him.

Shounak

Banned
Shane Warne said:
No "would" about it, he does.

And everything he knows is not out too.
You're like an Australian fundamentalist cricket-orist. Reminds me a bit of Scallywag, the little I saw of him.

Gilo's appeals aren't serious. Warne looks like he's yelling at someone not to shoot him. And his reactions afterwards suggest that they shot one of his close family members.

Shounak

Banned
Shane Warne said:
He just gathers the ball and walks back down to his mark.

He doesn't put his hands on his hips and stand there glaring at the umpire, with a look of feigned disbelief. And then proceed to the umpire to ask him why not.

Edit: Stand there in the middle of the pitch

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
^You still haven't seen enough of our esteemed Shane Warne (the CW version that is) to know he is merely a troll and not worth arguing with.