• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Afro-Asian Cup

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
honestbharani said:
lol, not many seem to care about it, but FWIW, I think the Asian XI would probably win this.
Why did you have to post?! We could have managed to ignore the whole gimmick!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
you are right. They simply take time off to be with their families and stuff. Anyways, I am gonna get the channel that is showing it and these are international matches and there is a healthy chance of a Afridi/Sehwag opening combo.. So I will be tuned in, I hope.

chalky

International Debutant
Excuse my ignorance but is this an Asian 11 v an African 11 just havn't seen a great deal of publicity about it.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Admittedly if I was from one of the Countries involved in this series, I would probably watch them just because it is a game of international cricket. But overall I think the novelty of it will wear thin quickly and nobody will care less considering its basically South Africa versus a Sub Continent side having to substitute new players in almost daily now.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I wouldn't be so sure you would Tim - it appears none of the players are that keen.

I imagine it's only Fat Gray Smith who likes it as he gets his over rate ban to run its course during meaningless games that have been afforded official status for some stupid reason.

Run like Inzy

U19 12th Man
Afro team is just pointless as there is only one country that can actually play cricket at an international level on the entire continent

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
I wouldn't be so sure you would Tim - it appears none of the players are that keen.

I imagine it's only Fat Gray Smith who likes it as he gets his over rate ban to run its course during meaningless games that have been afforded official status for some stupid reason.
What???!!

Have these been given Test and ODI status if I have read right or these count towards their FC and List-A stats only?

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Craig said:
What???!!

Have these been given Test and ODI status if I have read right or these count towards their FC and List-A stats only?
There's only ODIs - but yes, they have been given ODI status.