• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Content - Feedback

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Voltman said:
Just quickly skimmed it, but I found the intro a bit weak. While it's a feature article, so doesn't require the "hard angle", it still didn't draw me in that much.
Yep, I agree. I wrote the intro last. I write articles in segments according to inspiration and I couldn't find much inspiration when I tailed back to add the intro.

AndrewM

U19 12th Man
Richard said:
AndrewM was on the Staff for, what, 2 months?
When I first joined the Staff seemed to be never-changing.
If I'm wrong, please tell me - just seems that there is a good deal of short-term memberships at present.
I joined the team in about June last year and left at the start of this year. I guess 6 months is short-termish..

I am thrilled people still acknowledge my work in absentia! :D

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Yep, I agree. I wrote the intro last. I write articles in segments according to inspiration and I couldn't find much inspiration when I tailed back to add the intro.
Is this Rich Edmunds on Liam's account? :huh:

open365

International Vice-Captain
I'm not sure if i should say this hear, but i'm a bit diss apointed that the Shane Warne scandal got coverage on the front page, you said yourself this is a family site and i think it's crap news anyway

Barney Rubble

International Coach
open365 said:
I'm not sure if i should say this hear, but i'm a bit diss apointed that the Shane Warne scandal got coverage on the front page, you said yourself this is a family site and i think it's crap news anyway
I covered it relucantly, and I tried to play it down as much as I could. Note "scandal" in speech marks. We (that being myself and James) felt that as sites like cricinfo felt it was newsworthy, it was probably in our interests to cover it too. We did try to make sure we sensationalised it as little as possible, though - no quotes in the story, no names apart from Warne's, mention of how doubtful the source is, etc etc. I'm not bothered about it and neither was James. :)

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
open365 said:
The forum is a family site. http://www.cricketweb.net is a news site.

James

Cricket Web Owner
open365 said:
Just echoing when Matt (Voltman) said, if it's a big news story which this was, we'll cover it, which is in our best interests.

Similar to what we did with the Richardson/Fleming saga really. If we think something is of interest to visitors we'll cover it.