• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket should hold a six hitting contest similar to Baseballs Home Run Derby.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Yes

We're already playing glorified baseball in 20.20, so why not go the whole hog?

Next, we'll be giving them mitts...

Natman20

International Debutant
It should be an Allrounders contest e.g Cairns bowls to Flintoff for 3 overs and then the other way round. That would be cool.

I think they should use a bowling machine on the same settings for everyone, then have the biggest hitter from each nation.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
As someone HUGELY biased towards bowlers and spinners in particular, I wince at the hitting of every 6 I see. A competition like that might kill me.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
We had an all rounders contest in England 20 years ago. It included Botham, Rice, Imran, Marshall and a couple of others. They all bowled at each other and got points for wickets divided by runs. I can't remember the exact number of overs but Ian Botham made 202 for 5 times out. Clive Rice won by making 60 for 0 in the same number of overs.

kof98

U19 12th Man
There was something like this in South Africa a few years ago. Shaun Pollock and Jacques Kallis were in the final. As far as I can remember that was the only time it happened here.

kof98 said:
There was something like this in South Africa a few years ago. Shaun Pollock and Jacques Kallis were in the final. As far as I can remember that was the only time it happened here.
Yeah, it would have to be done with the right players or else it would be pretty pointless really.

Having those two in the final would be like Giles Vs Russel Arnold in a biggest turner of a ball contest.

Craig

World Traveller
Just watch the Hong Kong Sixes.

Plenty of Sixes indeed (although Robert Croft took the best caught and bowl I have seen a couple of years back).

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it would be a good one-off event, possibly done in conjunction with the Super Series.

tassietiger

U19 Debutant
King_Ponting said:
Nope.

Flintoff-Gilchrist= Gilly
Pietersen-Symonds= Symonds
Harmison?-Lee= Lee by about 25 metres
When Ponting's eye, and the situation needs it, he'll whack the ball a fair way. Probably further than any of those six could.

King_Ponting

International Regular
tassietiger said:
When Ponting's eye, and the situation needs it, he'll whack the ball a fair way. Probably further than any of those six could.
Yeh for sure. Also ive seen marto hit the ball a fair way as well