• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Zim vs Nz

Best Bowler of Test and ODI series?

• Shane Bond

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Chris Martin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • James Franklin

• Daniel Vettori

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Jacob Oram

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Chris Cairns

• Heath Streak

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Chris Mpofu

• Graeme Cremer

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Blessing Mahwire

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Natman20

International Debutant
Best bowler of the Series?

Why is there not much talk about this series starting. I think it will be closer than everyone first thought. It might turn out a close series with Streak, Wishart and carlisle there but probably not. It will be interesting to see how Bond goes and Vincent opening the batting with James Marshall.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Natman20 said:
Best bowler of the Series?

Why is there not much talk about this series starting. I think it will be closer than everyone first thought. It might turn out a close series with Streak, Wishart and carlisle there but probably not. It will be interesting to see how Bond goes and Vincent opening the batting with James Marshall.
Well, I guess that The Ashes has captured the imagination a little.

I certainly wouldn't rule out an upset (a close result) in one game - Heath Streak can be a real class act on his day.

Swervy

International Captain
Natman20 said:
Why is there not much talk about this series starting. .
NZ vs Zimbabwe , the average vs the worst team ever

or Australia vs England... the best vs the second best in an electrifying series to date

Does that answer your question? :p

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
only interest for me in this series is to see if Shane Bond is still is old self.....

Natman20

International Debutant
Swervy said:
NZ vs Zimbabwe , the average vs the worst team ever

or Australia vs England... the best vs the second best in an electrifying series to date

Does that answer your question? :p
Rankings dont determine how good a team really is. New Zealand could probably beat England

Swervy

International Captain
Natman20 said:
Rankings dont determine how good a team really is. New Zealand could probably beat England
hehehehe....

I trust you are joking about that one...hehehehe

Natman20

International Debutant
Swervy said:
hehehehe....

Hey remember Australia getting beaten by Bangladesh a few weeks ago. West Indies just beat Sri Lanka. I think I may have proved my point.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Swervy said:
hehehehe....

Please, we're all concentrating on ripping Shane Warne. Don't give us two targets, it'll confuse us :)

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Natman20 said:
Hey remember Australia getting beaten by Bangladesh a few weeks ago. West Indies just beat Sri Lanka. I think I may have proved my point.
That doesn't go any way at all to "determining how good a team actually is", does it?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
superkingdave said:
go Graeme Cremer!
Well, I voted for him because his action (and control, and the outcomes when I saw him bowl for the first time) reminded me of myself. Keep voting Cremer!

Swervy

International Captain
Natman20 said:
who actually give a damn about lead up games in some ten a penny ODI tournament when compared to tests....what really does that have to do with anything whether B'besh beat Australia or the infact useful WI ODI team beat Sri lanka..

Australia are the best test team in the world

England are second..a ranking helped along by a 3-0 win over NZ last year by the way

Natman20

International Debutant
Neil Pickup said:
That doesn't go any way at all to "determining how good a team actually is", does it?
No not really. But what im trying to say is that any team can win if they put their minds to it and go hard.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Neil Pickup said:
Well, I voted for him because his action (and control, and the outcomes when I saw him bowl for the first time) reminded me of myself. Keep voting Cremer!
I voted for him as a joke, to find someone else had voted for him :-O

Natman20

International Debutant
Zimbabwe have a much stronger team than they did for the bangladesh series before. I think we might see some good individual work from them but not post really competitive totals. Who knows they might win a match. 8-)

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I voted for him as a joke, to find someone else had voted for him :-O
he's not in Dave's class Sean, but give the lad a chance, he's Zimbabwe's Warne and Streak's Mcgrath...

Swervy

International Captain
Natman20 said:
Zimbabwe have a much stronger team than they did for the bangladesh series before. I think we might see some good individual work from them but not post really competitive totals. Who knows they might win a match. 8-)

so on the one hand you are saying Zimb might beat NZ..and then you say NZ could probably beat England who are just in the middle of handing Australia a convincing defeat,...right...ok :wacko:

Natman20

International Debutant
Swervy said:
so on the one hand you are saying Zimb might beat NZ..and then you say NZ could probably beat England who are just in the middle of handing Australia a convincing defeat,...right...ok :wacko:
Ok get over it. It depends on the conditions of the pitches and where everyone is playing. Nz havnt played anyone actually in Zimbabwe yet in this series so you might find they may have a few jitters.

Swervy

International Captain
Natman20 said:
Ok get over it. It depends on the conditions of the pitches and where everyone is playing. Nz havnt played anyone actually in Zimbabwe yet in this series so you might find they may have a few jitters.

Jitters..Zimbabwe have one player worthy of the title of 'test cricketer'..NZ have nothing to be jittery about on the cricket field

Natman20

International Debutant
Swervy said:
Jitters..Zimbabwe have one player worthy of the title of 'test cricketer'..NZ have nothing to be jittery about on the cricket field
I want to see how that new fast bowler Zimbabwe have goes. Chris Mpofu. He might be hard to play because I dont think any New Zealanders have played against him.